CS85

Basically a Sports Show

Still MIGHTY    1,809

I like "Basically a Sports Show" (So much so that if we don't use that, I am basically stealing it for a future endeavor)

And I like the communal blog/twitter/etc. It makes sense as long as we commit to updating it regularly.

Cujo    2,429

I gave it a listen earlier today and didn't mind at all that you ventured away from talking "just logos". In fact, I enjoyed the non-stop ripping of the Worldwide Leader and their gameday coverage. Nice job, fellas. I look forward to the next edition of the this CCSLC slam jam.

infrared41    3,626

I gave it a listen earlier today and didn't mind at all that you ventured away from talking "just logos". In fact, I enjoyed the non-stop ripping of the Worldwide Leader and their gameday coverage. Nice job, fellas. I look forward to the next edition of the this CCSLC slam jam.

Thanks Curt. Glad you enjoyed it. I doubt we'll be doing any logos/uniforms stuff. We have all the logos/uniforms stuff covered with the Logocast. "CCSLC slam jam." Not bad.

CS85    5,109

We actually got somewhat serious for the majority of the show ("serious" being up for debate, but it was genuinely interesting give and take). Hopefully sometime before the end of the week I'll put together more clips from the first mega-show.

One problem we need to address is hosting. Soundcloud is fantastic, but even with a premium account we can only have up to 4 hours of content.

Any ideas on how to circumvent that? What do you guys do with the logocast?

mania    135

For the LC, I host everything on archive.org. Then I use the wordpress page as the... :censored:, the medium, I guess?, for the episodes, link the wordpress page to a feedburner, and then go from there re: iTunes and all that stuff.

CS85    5,109

Wow, thanks for the input, mania! :grin:

edit: Despite not settling on a name, I'm bored at the office tonight and threw a couple ideas together.

f0EkB.png

6DjiV.png

edit: also I was given some wise council regarding the "a CCSLC podcast" post-tag. I included it in there since we kind of came together via the board, but to put it on there would be wrong on multiple levels, as it may incorrectly state that it's a board-sponsored thing or an endeavor that represents Chris' website.

So while obviously we all love the CCSLC dearly, it's best to just have it be Basically A Sports Show, period.

Ice_Cap    7,414

Basically a Sports Show has a nice ring to it....

Between the two logos posted my vote's for the first one. I'm a sucker for retro aesthetics.

infrared41    3,626

At work, if someone uses a suggested name or a "working title" for a new show more than a couple times it doesn't matter what other names come along, we always end up referring to it by the name we used as the working title. It gets stuck in our heads. What I'm trying to say here is this, we've already seen "Basically a Sports Show" as a logo. It's over. We have a name. It doesn't matter what else comes along.

I'm with Ice_Cap, let's go with the retro look.

CS85    5,109

Basically a Sports Show has a nice ring to it....

Between the two logos posted my vote's for the first one. I'm a sucker for retro aesthetics.

I agree, I wanted it to have sort of a vintage sports magazine feel, but I need to sculpt it around a little more to give it some flavor.

edit: Infrared agrees!

Tonight I'll have a tumblr/twitter created and the ball will be rolling (unless any of you guys want to get that in place during the day). I've got an array of ideas for the tumblr's aesthetic and stuff, so...woot!

A fuller edition of the first "test" show will be uploaded possibly tonight, but no promises on that one. Soon.

Also how do you feel about the colors of the first logo? Blues, yellows, browns, etc. I'm very open to suggestions. A site I often reference for stuff like this is kuler.adobe.com, so might be a good starting point if you don't have anything in mind.

infrared41    3,626

edit: also I was given some wise council regarding the "a CCSLC podcast" post-tag. I included it in there since we kind of came together via the board, but to put it on there would be wrong on multiple levels, as it may incorrectly state that it's a board-sponsored thing or an endeavor that represents Chris' website.

So while obviously we all love the CCSLC dearly, it's best to just have it be Basically A Sports Show, period.

I was going to point out the same thing.

infrared41    3,626

What do you all think about BasicSportsShow as our Twitter handle? BasicallyaSportsShow looks a little unwieldy.

CS85    5,109

What do you all think about BasicSportsShow as our Twitter handle? BasicallyaSportsShow looks a little unwieldy.

SportsShowPodcast is probably tidier.

infrared41    3,626

But not as easily associated. Basic(ially) is our key word. Otherwise, we're just another sports show podcast and we get lost in the shuffle. It's a minor distinction (especially when the difference is the word basic) but an important one.

CS85    5,109

But not as easily associated. Basic(ially) is our key word. Otherwise, we're just another sports show podcast and we get lost in the shuffle.

Eh, with a title as long as this is the handle doesn't matter. @SportsShowPodcast is concise and easily memorable. The account name can be whatever we want it to be.

infrared41    3,626

But not as easily associated. Basic(ally) is our key word. Otherwise, we're just another sports show podcast and we get lost in the shuffle.

Eh, with a title as long as this is the handle doesn't matter. @SportsShowPodcast is concise and easily memorable. The account name can be whatever we want it to be.

Shorter the better so how about @BasicallySports

Edit: Never mind, That reminds me too much of "you know...sports" or "because...sports" or whatever it is. How about a simple @Basically

CS85    5,109

What about SportsShowBasically/BasicallyPodcast? @Basically works if it's available, but it's somewhat vague.

infrared41    3,626

What about SportsShowBasically/BasicallyPodcast? @Basically works if it's available, but it's somewhat vague.

Now I'm leaning towards SportsShowPodcast. It usually takes me a minute to figure out my idea is going nowhere. It's my "process." B)

Let's go with SportsShowPodcast.

BayouJim    806

Guys, the test run was awesome. Really looking forward to the actual show. The chemistry seemed really good and you guys are good to listen to.

If you guys ever need a substitute for someone that's sick/on vacation, please let me know. Broadcasting along with journalism has been a passion of mine and before I switched majors was something I really thought I'd make a living of it.