CS85

Basically a Sports Show

infrared41    3,666

Right. Pretty much all of this can be re-branded within 2 hours. I just like to amuse myself at work, lol.

I really like where we're at with the branding so far. It's been suggested that we keep our branding consistent by using the entire name of the show on Twitter, Tumblr, etc. Normally, I'd agree with that but with the name of the show being as long as it is, I think we're going to have to shorten the web based elements just to make it easier to type, remember, etc. Long titles are easy to forget and easy to screw up when typing a web address, etc.

My vote is we keep the name of the show as it is and use BasicallySports as our "handle" for web based stuff. BasicallySports isn't as cumbersome as the entire title of the show would be. My point I suppose is that I like where we're at. B)

CS85    5,195

I agree!

How do we feel about the colors/style used for the tumblr? Objections?

infrared41    3,666

I love it. Looks great. Brown and red finally gets some play.

Also, what do you guys think about adding short "host bios" listing our radio/media experience, interests, etc. Too pretentious? I bring it up because it would be an easy way to show people that we aren't just another four guys pontificating from our basements. Then again, radio/media experience or not, we're still basically four guys pontificating from our basements. B)

CS85    5,195

I love it. Looks great. Brown and red finally gets some play.

Also, what do you guys think about adding short "host bios" listing our radio/media experience, interests, etc. Too pretentious? I bring it up because it would be an easy way to show people that we aren't just another four guys pontificating from our basements. Then again, radio/media experience or not, we're still basically four guys pontificating from our basements. B)

I dig! Would be easy enough to set up. Probably need some photos and twitter handles from you guys, as well as the bio details.

Speaking of twitter, is it created yet?

infrared41    3,666

Yes. @basicallysports I just haven't gone public with it yet. I'll set it up so we can all access it etc. You can do your thing and make the twitter page look nice.

CS85    5,195

Yes. @basicallysports I just haven't gone public with it yet. I'll set it up so we can all access it etc. You can do your thing and make the twitter page look nice.

Ahh, excellent.

infrared41    3,666

First full episode of Basically A Sports Show tapes tomorrow night. Among the many things that may come up...

Steve Sabol and how NFL Films changed...well...pretty much everything.

Steve Young calls out the NFL.

What we think of College Gameday.

The de-evolution of ESPN's morning shows.

Radio shows on TV.

ESPN Dallas hosts John-Jacques Taylor and Jon Heyman, decide that Josh Hamilton is a pansy.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss; FOX renews their MLB contract.

Feel free to add your own suggestions. Hit us up on twitter @basicallysports

CS85    5,195

The twitter and tumblr pages are both graphically updated. Can't wait to record tomorrow!

infrared41    3,666

I haven't looked at this thread, for whatever reason.....

I've got radio experience. I can be a spot-starter if need be.

You were one of the first people I thought of when we started talking about doing this. I tried to send you a PM but I got the old "can't receive messages" thing.

Anyway, didn't you and I talk about doing a podcast or something a few years ago? Or am I remembering it wrong. Whatever the case, I'm all for adding you to the rotation.

infrared41    3,666

Show #2 and the first "official" show is taped and ready to edit. Steve Sabol, Dennis Miller, Steve Young, Skip Bayless, Artie Lange & Joe Buck, and the long forgotten Fabulous Sports Babe are among the many names that came up for discussion.

Cujo    2,453

Dennis Miller came up? Hmm... I wonder who inspired that topic. :D

I look forward to the show. When is the protected release date?

infrared41    3,666

Dennis Miller came up? Hmm... I wonder who inspired that topic. :D

I look forward to the show. When is the protected release date?

It should be up sometime today.

CS85    5,195

Just finished editing the intro together, pretty funny stuff. Hopefully have the show up for your listening pleasure in 3 hours or so.

Chawls    465

Just finished listening to Episode 2. It really is incredible how naturally the 4 of you mesh together. I would've never guessed that none of you know each other outside of the internet.

CS85    5,195

Just finished listening to Episode 2. It really is incredible how naturally the 4 of you mesh together. I would've never guessed that none of you know each other outside of the internet.

We're still working on our timing a little. When you have 4 people all full of things to say sometimes we have to organically allow some semblance of a rotation happen, and quite often we have two or three of us start into a thought at the same time. Usually I edit out the hiccups in that regard, but aside from that it's been a really fluid experience.

And thanks for listening!

dfwabel    990

I downloaded the episode while I was suspended here. If you haven't already, I would recommend that an Explicit Language disclaimer at the start of the podcast and on your tumblr page as well.

As for the content, I lived in Tampa (family still does) when Nanci Donnellan was bumbling around low frequency stations in St. Pete in the 1980's, then got a co-hosting gig on the strongest AM signal in the area, 970AM WFLA for a sports show, to them go back to a low power station which moved to all sports in 1990 which got her the KJR gig and this ESPN Radio. She has had a lot of physical issues in the last decade. First it was breast cancer, then in January, she had a stroke. Her overnights on the new CBS Radio all-sports affiliate just started up again.