CS85

Basically a Sports Show

infrared41    3,669

Anyone interested in being a guest commentator on next week's show?

Throwing my hat into the ring. Whatever that means.

Excellent. I'll be in touch via PM.

cmm    351

I listened while doing some work last night/this morning. Nice job, gentlemen. Hard to believe you guys never really spoke to each other before doing this, the chemistry is great.

infrared41    3,669

I listened while doing some work last night/this morning. Nice job, gentlemen. Hard to believe you guys never really spoke to each other before doing this, the chemistry is great.

Thanks! Don't forget to check out our "sister show" http://thelogocast.com/ B)

CS85    5,255

In E9, we talk about retarded fan nicknames, why soccer sucks, NCAA football's weirdness, and of course what show wouldn't be complete without an NHL lockout update?

Also I apologize for the intro, lol.

mp3

stream at tumblr

Cujo    2,453

Nice job on the recent episode. However, I'm not exactly feeling the recent political/off-topic closing monologues. It's kind of strange that you would want to force that sort of thing into a sports talk show.

infrared41    3,669

Nice job on the recent episode. However, I'm not exactly feeling the recent political/off-topic closing monologues. It's kind of strange that you would want to force that sort of thing into a sports talk show.

You mean you don't like our blatant rip-off of the parting shot from the Sports Reporters? B)

Seriously though, the "parting shot" thing is something we're still working out. It's actually based on the gear grinder thread from these very boards. A little tribute if you will.

Ice_Cap    7,616

Well like 'red said, we're still working the kinks out of that particular feature. We've only done two of these thus far, so it's weird for me to say "usually I stay on topic" when I have one on topic parting shot and an off topic one, but my goal for the segment going forward is to try and stay on topic as much as possible. This past week was a bit different, as an issue of great importance to me was weighing on my mind all that day and the days previous. I do think there's room to go "off topic" with the parting shots, but when I do go off topic it'll be a rare exception. It just so happens that my first rare exception was in my second go around :D

CS85    5,255

Seconded, thanks for the compliments, all, and especially thanks for listening!

As cap said, until we find the absolute winning formula for the show we're always going to be doing some experiments.

infrared41    3,669

Seconded, thanks for the compliments, all, and especially thanks for listening!

As cap said, until we find the absolute winning formula for the show we're always going to be doing some experiments.

Based on the feedback we've been getting, I think the winning formula may be as simple as just sticking to the sports stuff.

Epiphanic    13

Another great show.

I think you guys missed a potential parallel between baseball and soccer. Both games are, in a sense, games of anticipation. Perhaps soccer fans can chime in to correct me, but I don't think it's scoring that makes the sport exciting and enjoyable to watch. It's the development of the scoring chance or the cross that may lead to a header is what provides that excitement. It's the possibility of scoring that is so exciting. A crossing attempt in soccer or a runner in scoring position, provide the drama of the match in their respective sports. It might not result in a score, but that's why it's riveting to fans.

CS85    5,255

Another great show.

I think you guys missed a potential parallel between baseball and soccer. Both games are, in a sense, games of anticipation. Perhaps soccer fans can chime in to correct me, but I don't think it's scoring that makes the sport exciting and enjoyable to watch. It's the development of the scoring chance or the cross that may lead to a header is what provides that excitement. It's the possibility of scoring that is so exciting. A crossing attempt in soccer or a runner in scoring position, provide the drama of the match in their respective sports. It might not result in a score, but that's why it's riveting to fans.

To be honest, we talked about soccer for about 45-50 minutes, and I cut out a lot of it since the topic was running long. I think we did, at least minimally, talk about how baseball and football are mindlessly complicated compared to soccer.

CS85    5,255

Basically Sports' 10th episode dissects the weirdness of Fireman Ed and other fans, stupid NFL rules, and why Jay Cutler is suffocating under a pile of media-spawned nonsense.

Stream at tumblr

MP3