2013 World Baseball Classic

dabest13

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but Team USA will not be wearing those awful grey roads in 2013 -- replaced by a blue "alternate-like" version which looks a lot nicer.

Also, the 2013 sleeve patch is slightly different for all teams versus '06 and '09, the symbol is the same but the year placement has changed, "2013" comes from the bottom left of the logo.

Sorry, no pics, was shown the stylesheets in-person by a manufacturer and couldn't snap any.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but Team USA will not be wearing those awful grey roads in 2013 -- replaced by a blue "alternate-like" version which looks a lot nicer.

Also, the 2013 sleeve patch is slightly different for all teams versus '06 and '09, the symbol is the same but the year placement has changed, "2013" comes from the bottom left of the logo.

Sorry, no pics, was shown the stylesheets in-person by a manufacturer and couldn't snap any.

Like their BP jersey the last time around, but blue?

sell-usa-2009-world-baseball-classic-batting-practice-jersey.jpg

Anubis.png

Qualifying starts next week, and it looks like most of the caps look to be up on the MLB Store:

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2186354&cp=2186225.2180646

Caps from previous years are the same, but new caps include:

Great Britain:

pMLB2-13037632dt.jpg

Weird, the Great Britain cap has already changed.

It had been

7992676386_e27e635fcd_m.jpg

Weird. Maybe they used prototype artwork by accident? I wonder which you'll get if you ordered one early?

Anubis.png

Like their BP jersey the last time around, but blue?

sell-usa-2009-world-baseball-classic-batting-practice-jersey.jpg

Pretty much, yeah

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Hard/impossible to copyright, but a white maple leaf on a red hat would look pretty good to me. A white Star of David on blue would work well for Israel, too, unless it's an issue to wear a Star of David independent of the Israeli flag. We don't really need to lock into monograms for every single country.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

An Israeli pitcher was wearing a jersey with two different sized numerals on the back. The number 1 is larger than the 0. Is Majestic to blame here?

8006770786_bc29b73f92_b.jpg

Only if they supplied them pre-numbered (possible, since there is no name, but not a lock). They could have gotten them numbered locally once they knew what size jersey went with what jersey number.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I don't know if they will - a lot of these teams will be eliminated before the real tournament, and the jerseys that are showing up in the qualifiers look really cheep, with the exception of Canada's jerseys. I wonder if these are just placeholders, to be replaced if a team makes the real tournament, with the real jerseys being put up for sale?

Anubis.png

Archived