2013 World Baseball Classic

dabest13

Just got my US hat today. Strangley, the only place I could find it was in the LIDS stores in NYC where I work. I went to my local mall in Jersey today, and couldn't find it. I picked one up on my way into work this afternoon.

Mine is also made in China - and is labeled as such. The plastic feels cheaper on these than on the US made ones. It does fit me a little better (it's snugger) than the US caps, but I'm also a full size smaller on these. I'm happy with it.

One thing I don't like - I was looking at pictures of the past US WBC patches, and the outline color on the flag patch was different in the past and I think it looked better. For some reason the bottom white outline cuts the red stripe in half, and it looks real bad. The red outline or the blue outline that was used in the past looked better. Although I really wish it was yellow so it would match the outline on the sleve patch.

Anubis.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_

_

_

_

_http://www.flickr.com/photos/56898341@N07/8027603129/ My Team USA came today

_

_

_How's the fit on these? Are the the MLB polyester ones?

_

_

_I just pulled out my 2012 MLB hats and my 2012 NE Sideline NFL hats. These WBC hats are the identical fit and material of the NFL hat. It is a slightly lower profile crown, but the brim is easier to manipulate like the MLB. My NFL brims are pretty solid. The WBC and NFL are 100% polyester. Same identical tags inside the hats.

_

_Where was it made?

_

_

_You can tell by the look I the pictures online that they were made in China, which sucks because the quality of the Chinese made caps is downright horrid in comparison to the US made poly 59Fiftys.

_

_I started working at Lids again and have found that the difference in quality of the MLB hats made in the USA and those made in China is so egregiously different that we can't even stock the same hat next to one another when the country of origin is different because they look so different. The US made caps are head and shoulders above the Chinese made knockoffs.

_

_What's even worse is that the NFL New Eras use an even cheaper poly material and are put together even more terribly. I've had more complaints about how awful the New Era NFL caps are than I ever had about the Reebok caps, and those were garbage.

_

_I called MLB Shop last week asking them where these WBC caps were made and they said they didn't even know, despite having the caps right in front of them. But now that I know they are from China, I hesitate to pick one up now. I find it so odd that even the sizing is wrong. For US caps, I wear 7 1/2, but for China caps, their sizing forces me to wear 7 3/8. You're right, the US quality is just so much better

FWIW, the MLB Shop operators don't have the inventory near them. It's not stocked at the call center. I had an issue with receiving the wrong product and the operator had to call the warehouse while I was on hold.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 2 weeks later...

Japan's uniform

20121010.jpg

They are both really nice but I wish they weren't so different. Also, the full name on the hat is unnessary.. idk what the japenese character is for Japan but I think that would have been a cool thing to put on the cap.. doesn't have to be English

The Japanese character for Japan is this: 日本

That stylized would look awesome on a cap.

EDIT: Goddammit, the board doesn't support non-Latin characters.

spacer.png

Japan's uniform

20121010.jpg

They are both really nice but I wish they weren't so different. Also, the full name on the hat is unnessary.. idk what the japenese character is for Japan but I think that would have been a cool thing to put on the cap.. doesn't have to be English

I think hats with a white front panel and a big red sun would look cool.

Japan's uniform

20121010.jpg

The Japanese character for Japan is this: 日本

That stylized would look awesome on a cap.

EDIT: Goddammit, the board doesn't support non-Latin characters.

Weird, it shows up when you quote the text. Let's see if it works for me:

日本

EDIT: It must have something to do with the forum settings not being set to Unicode or something. The characters show up fine in the edit box, but not in the actual displayed post.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

This means all 28 teams are now represented.

8000614708_b2ca13f35c_b.jpg

Sad that the US cap is one of the worst and least official "baseball" looking. Horrible.

Agreed. The US would look great with something like the Dominican Republic has, or maybe even a Yankees-style "US."

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been taking screenshots of the newest batch of jerseys? Again, they seem really dull, with the exception of the teams who were in the last two tournaments. I really hope that if any of the new teams make it, they get a makeover before the real deal.

Anubis.png

[The US would look great with something like the Dominican Republic has, or maybe even a Yankees-style "US."

I like the Ebbets Field Flannels version of the 1934 US cap

PID611.JPG

They also have the 1931 style.

1762_3150_popup.gif

These are beauties--I own the first and preordered the second.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived