USA TODAY to get redesign sept 14th

BadSeed84

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it won't be a drastic overhaul, the logo could stand to be cleaned up a bit. The continents on the globe just look like blobs. Best-case scenario: keep the same basic design, simplify the globe, maybe a slight font change. We'll see.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I'm predicting crappy lowercase letters in some unoffending font that strips the soul from the publication entirely.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My guess is some sort of America-based icon, and updated text (Gotham, Neutraface, Verlag, Interstate, etc).

This logo has been around for about 30 years, but for a national entity, nothing really says "USA". There's an image of a globe, but it's more of the Western Hemisphere than of the USA specifically. I know that the newspaper itself covers the world, but the logo itself never really emphasized this country.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Sorry for the poor quality, but here is a screen grab from the apple app store of the updated app for USA Today

b238afe12cfb58af41ee5ed678f448a0.jpg

Pretty decent logo for the app. Interested to see what the full logo looks like and how it's used on the paper.

The copyright info above describes a "circle that is partially shaded" so maybe there's some design elements not included there.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

There is only one acceptable route they can go here. :D

back1x-large.jpg

Good God, look at how dated this thing is....

Still pretty interesting, though.

"Queen Diana" is pretty self explanitory into why that's definately not gonna happen. But Slamball ?

Hey, they made a second Weekend at Bernie's...anything is possible...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived