Behind the Knicks Logo with Michael Doret

Conrad.

I am fond of these designs:

Knicks_Sequence3-Alt2_medium.jpg

This one looks SO much better than what the Knicks ended up using.

Sure does. What a great opportunity wasted.

This is such a great concept I thought of finishing it.. let me know what you think!

knicksMD-1.png

That is such a better logo than what they currently use. I would love to see that as the new logo (even though it won't be). Awesome job.

+1

This one is awesome!

J-Monogram1.jpg

I was also drawn to this one, but feel it doesn't need the triangle behind it, though.

this was also interesting to me but it feels as though the ball and triangle is falling off of the NY.. I think it would look better with the ball on top and as I was thinking that i saw that he tried that already

This one is awesome!

J-Monogram1.jpg

I was also drawn to this one, but feel it doesn't need the triangle behind it, though.

It kind of looks like a downward arrow. Maybe that was the point.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Part 2 is up now.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2012/9/12/3315094/logo-part-2

It has some variations on what they ended up with plus some pretty cool monograms.

The whole story of how they stole the ny token logo from his sketches and started using it without paying him usages fees is interesting. Has to be completely frustrating to be called a liar, prove them wrong and they threaten to blacklist you.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Part 2 is up now.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2012/9/12/3315094/logo-part-2

It has some variations on what they ended up with plus some pretty cool monograms.

The whole story of how they stole the ny token logo from his sketches and started using it without paying him usages fees is interesting. Has to be completely frustrating to be called a liar, prove them wrong and they threaten to blacklist you.

that was the most interesting part to me. it worked out for Michael not exactly how he hoped im sure, but i thnk he did what was right and can feel proud of that. the NBA tried to steal his work and tell him to fvck off, but he won and as a result was told "you'll never work in the NBA again". if i was in that situation, i would have laughed and said "fine with me!". who the hell would want to to work with clients like that?? its too bad though that he had a good thing going with the CD at the time and when things shifted around some shady people got put in the power position, screwing Mike out of im sure what would have been future projects.

Mike got the pay he deserved and maybe not all the recognition and future NBA work, but that isnt important anyway. like he said, his style changed the NBA aesthetic and has left an everlasting impression. to hell with the spotlight, his work and style lives on.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is such a great concept I thought of finishing it.. let me know what you think!

knicksMD-1.png

That is such a better logo than what they currently use. I would love to see that as the new logo (even though it won't be). Awesome job.

+1

God, that concept is F***ing awesome!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

knicksMD-1.png

+1

God, that concept is F***ing awesome!

Updated with Part 2 of Michael Doret's empire state building

rf_knicks1.png

• 9 months later...

Archived