NHL Ice Archive (FrozenFaceoff.net)

billman29

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuff from the AHL I like:

Milmaukee+2012.png

And hallelujah, a rink layout that doesn't have a giant red line bisect the logo (although the logo itself is outdated now)

Providence+12.png

Same goes for the Phantoms, Wolves, Whale, Sharks, and Crunch.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

[Picture of Toronto's center ice]

This should come back. Loved this in the old Hawks-Leafs games that would be on ESPN Classic.

Yes, it should. It was a great, unique design.

ANA94.png

This one's neat. I've been critical of the Ducks' Disney era identity, but all things considered this wasn't that bad.

The Mighty Ducks one couldn't be hokier. Logo AND goofy 90's wordmark? We know what team you are.

I know it's annoying when the red line cuts through the logo, but that P-Broons logo is bad because the two spokes that should be parallel to the red line are just off on different sides. Other than that glitch, that's how the red line should be treated at center ice, keeping it very faint.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This site is fantastic, just wish it was a little more complete. Lots of missing designs and few ones that aren't correct. I don't believe the Minnesota North Stars ever used that kelly green and athletic gold version of the Dallas Star's logo at Centre Ice.

This site is fantastic, just wish it was a little more complete. Lots of missing designs and few ones that aren't correct. I don't believe the Minnesota North Stars ever used that kelly green and athletic gold version of the Dallas Star's logo at Centre Ice.

I've been trying to help the person who runs the site fill in the gaps/make corrections on some of the inaccuracies. If you could, do you maybe have a list of inaccuracies/missing designs that maybe I could send his way?

Also, does anyone have idea as to what logo this is? 259y61k.jpg

(not the 10th anniversary logo, the small logo between the Corel Centre font)

I've been trying to help the person who runs the site fill in the gaps/make corrections on some of the inaccuracies. If you could, do you maybe have a list of inaccuracies/missing designs that maybe I could send his way?

It's the Corel head logo

Corel_logo2.gif

Love this

STL+-+Dirty.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

It's the Corel head logo

Corel_logo2.gif

He already has it.

OTT+-+Dirty.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I know it's annoying when the red line cuts through the logo, but that P-Broons logo is bad because the two spokes that should be parallel to the red line are just off on different sides. Other than that glitch, that's how the red line should be treated at center ice, keeping it very faint.

I had no idea the P-Bruins logo was like that. Yes, it's glaring at center ice, but now I can't unsee it in the logo, no matter where it is. Went from a logo I thought was good, to a pretty bad one.

It's the Corel head logo

Corel_logo2.gif

He already has it.

OTT+-+Dirty.png

He added (the proper logo) today

I have to side with the current way of doing most logos. This:

TBL+-+Dirty.png

is simply not even comparable to this:

TBL+-+Dirty.png

The logo should have excellent detail to everyone in the building. The Flyers and Canadiens work not only because of their simplicity, but because the shape of the logos wouldn't conform well to the circle. Besides, nothing wrong with a little contrast. Most teams are better off not emulating those two.

spacer.png

I'm a fan (one of the few here!) of how the Blues used red sparingly, but that center ice design with the side-shadow and Arch is a monstrosity. Too much going on. The primary, extra effects on the primary, the arch, a puck, the NHL logo within the puck, and streak lines by the puck. Gah. "Kiel Center" is a nice name, at least; it would be nice if they reverted to that. I still call it that anyway.

The Blue Note is problematic as a center ice logo: it doesn't really have the right proportions to do two logos, and using one big logo bisects it awkwardly, such that the bulk of the note is on the left and the "flags" are lopped off. It's one of the NHL's best primaries otherwise, it's just that this application winds up being a bit dicey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anaheim, Boston and Buffalo now have either complete histories or go all the way back (in the case of the Bruins) to 1965. The only ices missing from Buffalo's page are 81,83 and 84.

ANA+06.png (Ducks 2006, accurate Arrowhead font/Ducks logo sans black outline)

BUF+89.png (Sabres 1985-1989)

BOS+99.png (Bruins 75th anniversary, 1999)

Archived