NHL Ice Archive (FrozenFaceoff.net)

billman29

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think the Canucks should do what Montreal does and have the double logo at centre ice? The Orca logo doesn't fit well within a circle much like the CH doesn't, so I think it actually might look allright. I wonder if anyone could do a mockup?

NYL5sLD.jpg

It's not bad... thanks for doing that.

I was wondering what a fin to fin variation would look like, but if it's too much bother don't worry.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some new mini-rinks up on the site! Authentic board ads and ice ads for 2013 only. If it goes well I may continue to update them for 2014. I will not be going back in time as far as advertisements go. It just takes far too much time and research, not to mention the fact that ads often move around month to month, and even game to game.

Here are a few examples. To see them all in one place go here: http://frozennhlrinks.blogspot.com/ (note: this section is a work in progress; navigation is not setup properly yet)

BOS+13+authentic.png

DET+13+Authentic.png

EDM+13+Authentic.png

NSH+13-12+Authentic.png

More to come soon!

-DTC

Are the lighting reflections on the ice an accurate representation as well? If so, wow very nice.

Are the lighting reflections on the ice an accurate representation as well? If so, wow very nice.

Id say semi-accurate. I do the best I can but its hard to find photos that really show the light patterns very well. Most of the arenas seem to have a simlar and pretty standard lighting pattern. I do think I did a pretty accurate job with Detroit, Edmonton, New York Rangers, and Nashville who all have a unique pattern of lights. Carolina's will be quite unique as well when I get to it. If anyone finds some good shots of the Arena lights, send them to frozenfaceoff57@gmail.com and Ill try to improve them!

Thanks for visiting the site. Always appreciate comments or suggestions!

It's too bad that the Habs' current ice couldn't have the sponsor wordmarks laid out like that. The way it was there, you either get the French or English version depending on which angle you're viewing the ice from. Not so much with the current ice.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but the Islanders' 20th anniversary center ice logo isn't on this main site yet (from 1992).

That logo is basically just our best guesstimation as to what it actually looked like on NVMC ice. There isn't a clear shot of it (to our knowledge) anywhere currently on the interwebs. I've contacted the Islanders directly about it but didn't get anything in the way of an answer as to what the actual logo really looked like.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else think the Canucks should do what Montreal does and have the double logo at centre ice? The Orca logo doesn't fit well within a circle much like the CH doesn't, so I think it actually might look allright. I wonder if anyone could do a mockup?

NYL5sLD.jpg

It's not bad... thanks for doing that.

I was wondering what a fin to fin variation would look like, but if it's too much bother don't worry.

As much as I hate the orca, I would be in favour of having a double logo, fin to fin.

If I had my way, I would have the Stick 'n Rink on one side and the skating Johnny Canuck on the other side.

As much as I hate the orca, I would be in favour of having a double logo, fin to fin.

If I had my way, I would have the Stick 'n Rink on one side and the skating Johnny Canuck on the other side.

This is why you won't get a job designing centre ice logos.

Archived