Sports logo prototypes

jakemon08

After seeing this thread about Knicks logo prototypes, I got very curious if there was anywhere I could go to see such a collection for other teams. Now, I don't quite mean prototypes that everyone has seen a hundred times. What I really want to see is a collection of sketches like this one. Created by someone commissioned by the team but never made it past that point. Has anyone seen anything like that for other teams?

Untitled.png

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some others:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

A new logo was considered for use when the Bucs changed from peach and white to pewter and red in the late 90s.The idea eventually got discarded.

AltBucsLogo1.jpg

That Bucs design was mentioned here with a bunch of helmet images from WAAAY long ago. I remember doing a concept based upon it. I'll try and dig up my concept.

Most of the images have been lost in the interwebs, but apparently the helmets are displayed SOMEWHERE in the Bucs facilities, I was able to come across this gem:

Image23.jpg

The concept I did was based upon that BEAUTY of a white helmet with a shredded Orange / Maroon stripe that's buried in the background of the image, i'm gonna go scour my old photobucket account and see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it! :lol:

BucsOldColorsConcept-1-1.png

Personally, I would love to see all of these rendered and added to the mothership. We already have some unused logos, and it would be awesome to have those added as well.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here are some others:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

A new logo was considered for use when the Bucs changed from peach and white to pewter and red in the late 90s.The idea eventually got discarded.

AltBucsLogo1.jpg

That Bucs design was mentioned here with a bunch of helmet images from WAAAY long ago. I remember doing a concept based upon it. I'll try and dig up my concept.

Most of the images have been lost in the interwebs, but apparently the helmets are displayed SOMEWHERE in the Bucs facilities, I was able to come across this gem:

Image23.jpg

That logo with the skull wearing the pirate hat is sweet. (top left corner)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here are some others:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AltBucsLogo1.jpg

Image23.jpg

The concept I did was based upon that BEAUTY of a white helmet with a shredded Orange / Maroon stripe that's buried in the background of the image, i'm gonna go scour my old photobucket account and see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it! :lol:

BucsOldColorsConcept-1-1.png

Minus the number font, I'm a fan of them...but I have grown fond of the pewter color.

And of course this evolves into the same old prototype thread we see every three months. Pretty soon, we're gonna see all those '95 expansion applicants and that one-day 49ers helmet, AGAIN. <_<

However, I did enjoy jakemon08's original post.

6uXNWAo.png

And of course this evolves into the same old prototype thread we see every three months. Pretty soon, we're gonna see all those '95 expansion applicants and that one-day 49ers helmet, AGAIN. <_<

I don't see whats so bad about this type of thread poppin up every couple months, Ive never seen that flyers prototype til now thanks to the link to that site.

I don't see whats so bad about this type of thread poppin up every couple months, Ive never seen that flyers prototype til now thanks to the link to that site.

Again, what jakemon08 posted was great because it was packed with unseen prototypes. But then someone posts the rehashed Buccaneers helemt, it goes away from the original topic, and becomes the same thread we always seem to have.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived