Sports logo prototypes

jakemon08

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wonder what would have happened to that Bombers logo after 9/11. They probably would have switched to the alternate B-wings full-time

Probably not because 9/11 wasn't a bombing and Baltimore isn't too close to New York City. I mean the New York Jets didn't change their name like some had suggested that should have done.

Here are the Baltimore Bombers and St. Louis Stallions.

IMG_0024_zps9fe19f54.jpg

IMG_0018_zps4c52acf4.jpg

IMG_0017_zpsc4594530.jpg

Here are the Baltimore Bombers and St. Louis Stallions.

IMG_0024_zps9fe19f54.jpg

IMG_0018_zps4c52acf4.jpg

IMG_0017_zpsc4594530.jpg

Good thing they didn't go with these. The Bombers look is to arena football-ish and the Stallions one looks like the too much like the Broncos(I know it came out before, but still).

You wonder what would have happened to that Bombers logo after 9/11. They probably would have switched to the alternate B-wings full-time

Probably not because 9/11 wasn't a bombing and Baltimore isn't too close to New York City. I mean the New York Jets didn't change their name like some had suggested that should have done.

An image of a plane over an explosion of fire... and Baltimore is pretty close to NYC and VERY close to Washington DC. Remembering the few months after 9-11, I mean theres obviously no way to guess what would have happened but I can just see the team shifting away from that logo.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• 5 months later...

Bengals founder Paul Brown and some prototypes. I'd like to see some more of these.

bengalspaulbrownhelmets_3.jpg

Any insight on if these where all for the Bengals or different mascot names as well?

They sure all look Bengal-themed.

I always thought that a retro inspired bengals uniform using the helmet that PB is holding would be an amazing look for an nfl team...definitely superior to what the bengals have now.

never seen those Memphis Houndogs jerseys/logos/helmets/anything before. That's all news to me.

And all I can say about it is OH GOD THE 90s!

reminds me of Poochie

I know this thread is half a year old, but I wanted to add some things I managed to come across on my hard drive.

EX_MEM_93.jpg

Holy :censored:, was that actually the logo they were gonna use? i always thought it was this logo:

Hounddogs_1.gif

I do believe it was debunked that that was never officially a logo, it was just something someone made up.

Here's the portfolio of the guy who did the logos for the Hound Dogs. There are a couple others on there too, but I'm unsure of the colors. I don't remember where I got the two uniform graphics from, they were in a 'prototypes' folder from a hard drive I had recovered recently.

http://kenloh.com/project.php?skin=1&by=con&con_ID=2&p_ID=77

An image of a plane over an explosion of fire... and Baltimore is pretty close to NYC and VERY close to Washington DC. Remembering the few months after 9-11, I mean theres obviously no way to guess what would have happened but I can just see the team shifting away from that logo.

I really don't see it.

Had Baltimore been given a team, the logo would have been eight years old at that point. Long enough to have some real currency in Baltimore.

Nobody seriously suggested that the Jets change their name, and New York had far greater reason to think that than Baltimore.

I just don't see the NFL tossing out its trademarks in what would have been a fairly hysterical over-reaction to the tragedy.

I know this thread is half a year old, but I wanted to add some things I managed to come across on my hard drive.

EX_MEM_93.jpg

Ignoring the unfortunate dark shade on the helmet, that's a gorgeous color scheme - very similar to the one the Packers almost changed to in 1994.

Agreed. The scheme is nice. But everything else about both those teams is a big fat woof. That makes the Bills early 2000's rebrands look like the Chicago Bears.

Okay, I've gone too far.

But still. The NFL has had a lot of odd looks. But both of those are of the CFL America variety.

I hope somebody's nephew drew that stallions logo.

EX_MEM_93.jpg

Holy :censored:, was that actually the logo they were gonna use? i always thought it was this logo:

Hounddogs_1.gif

I do believe it was debunked that that was never officially a logo, it was just something someone made up.

Here's the portfolio of the guy who did the logos for the Hound Dogs. There are a couple others on there too, but I'm unsure of the colors. I don't remember where I got the two uniform graphics from, they were in a 'prototypes' folder from a hard drive I had recovered recently.

http://kenloh.com/pr...on_ID=2&p_ID=77

That guy has quite a few prototype logos on there I've never seen. Angels, Blazers, Timberwolves. Pretty interesting.

Untitled.png

EX_MEM_93.jpg

Hounddogs_1.gif

http://kenloh.com/pr...on_ID=2&p_ID=77

That guy has quite a few prototype logos on there I've never seen. Angels, Blazers, Timberwolves. Pretty interesting.

Turns out he did the original Jacksonville Jaguars logo, the current New England Patriots and the Sega Saturn logo among other things.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived