New York Empire

johnrafael

Hello again, nice people.

This time I bring a Basketball Concept for a Fantasy League. The team is called NY Empire. As I've seen in a couple of concepts here, I'm using that MLS All-Star Game's New York Silhouette. For The Logos, 1/2 ball and 1/2 City.

404121_3934915609267_1684662816_n.jpg

For the uniforms, only the city.

550611_470556502977287_1959520621_n.jpg

And to finish, the Court.

550445_3945623676962_1423955323_n.jpg

Sorry about the images quality and size. Since I've no more a blog, all my concepts are going to facebook, then the facebook turn all into JPG.

Good execution, but for one problem. The "New York City" script is way too long and small on the away uniforms. "New York" or even "NYC" would be better.

I'd switch colors too. Navy in place of orange to make it easier to read.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

Good execution, but for one problem. The "New York City" script is way too long and small on the away uniforms. "New York" or even "NYC" would be better.

I'd switch colors too. Navy in place of orange to make it easier to read.

Beat me too it. Besides this flaw, this is an excellent design. The logo in particular looks fantastic. I hope this isn't the only fantasy team you plan to do.

Is "new york city" appropriate? Isn't it the "city of new York", hence simply "new York"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

First off let me say I know little or nothing about basketball or basketball logos so feel free to tell me to shut up if you did this for good reason, but I find the fact that the ball on the bottom of the logo is kinda odd, in two ways. First it makes the logo look pretty unstable, you have an entire city balanced on a ball, and secondly and this may be what's really throwing it off for me, you have all the lovely perfect verticals on the buildings then the lines on the ball are off at an angle. Maybe if the ball was squared up so the centre lines on it went vertical and horizontal it might stop the logo feeling like it might topple over.

It's beautifully rendered and I really like the logo, but right now it just feels unstable, but like I said I dont know anything about basketball aesthetics so you might have good reason for doing it that way.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I don't get why the team name is "New York Empire," but the away jerseys read "New York City." Stick with one or the other. If you're going to use "New York City," though, I would use "New York" above the number and "City" below.

Agree with bulldogbarks55 as well on the skyline placement. You're going to lose most of it when the top is tucked into the shorts, to the point where it's pretty much pointless.

And get a Photobucket account or something so you don't have to deal with the Facebook headaches.

Considering the AUDL has a team known as the New York Empire, I'd consider changing your teams name.

Is only a fantasy team. Raysox have a Empire NYC for Yakball anyways.

The graphic at the bottom of the jersey is located so low it will be mostly tucked in leaving only the spire showing. You do realize where this is going?

I'm not caring much about if the jersey is tucked or untucked. I've not the exact measure of shirt, but my idea is the skyline will look more than 60% visible when tucked.

The graphic at the bottom of the jersey is located so low it will be mostly tucked in leaving only the spire showing. You do realize where this is going?

I'm not caring much about if the jersey is tucked or untucked. I've not the exact measure of shirt, but my idea is the skyline will look more than 60% visible when tucked.

You may not care if the jersey is tucked or untucked, but it's an important consideration that you have to account for. An estimate of 60% visible is awfully generous. Look at this photo; look at how little space there is between the bottom of the numbers and the waistband. Even if your estimate is correct, then you're only going to see the top bit of the Empire State Building; you'll lose the star and all of the smaller towers. It simply will not look the way you think it will.

Archived