Hand-drawn NFL Nike throwback concepts

kajeet

Inspired by the hand-drawn NHL concepts,I was thinking what would old uniforms look like on a Nike template so I drew this Seahawks 40th season concept.Because of the scanner I was using some of the colors didnt come out right.For anneversery patch I drew the Seahawk and tried to blend all their logo colors they have had.

scan0001_zpscdb2e902.jpg

Maybe a little bit darker blue/green for the jersey. It reminds me of Jacksonville right now. Other than that you have a pretty nice start.

Thanks.I also did a 49ers throwback since I heard that they're considering doing a silver helmet throwback.

scan40001_zps332668a6.jpg

these are sooooooo good... i'm going to hang them riiiiiiiight here on the refrigerator

ok that was mean sorry! nice work though for real!

That's what I was concerned by was my free hand sloppiness.I'll try and make them neater.I'll try and get felt pens like Morgo suggested because all I'm working with right now are 10 cheap color pencils.

What I would do is take your time and draw a really nice template featuring the jersey and helmet, then make copies of it so you don't have to waste your time drawing helmets and jerseys. Then you could focus on the design aspects more (and save a ton of time).

What I would do is take your time and draw a really nice template featuring the jersey and helmet, then make copies of it so you don't have to waste your time drawing helmets and jerseys. Then you could focus on the design aspects more (and save a ton of time).

1960 Boston/New England Patriots Throwback

I took your advice and made a neater template and made this Patriots throwback.This time I added the full uniform.

scan0004_zpsdaadaddd.jpg

So you are a fan of the half collar I take it?

Well sometimes the half collars work because if the full collars aren't the same color as the jersey like the Texans its just looks too big. EDIT: Also I made them with the half collar because it's supposed to be what these old uniforms would look like on a modern, Nike template.

I like the Falcons and the Giants, but the Patriots are amazing. I would like to see you redo the Jets with the new template, because it will look really good. Great work and keep the concepts coming

Thanks. And I re-did the Jets but this time added a prototype helmet.

scan0011_zps8289c7d1.jpg

scan0010_zps72be6250.jpg

I have two more templates to draw with.Does anyone have a suggestion on what two teams throwbacks I should do?

Yeah, the Rams. Their 1951 version with the yellow gold jerseys, the 1962-1963 different stripe ones with the yellow-gold, the 1964-1972 Baltimore Colts look alikes (when the Colts was in Baltimore that time), or finally their 1973-1999 royal blue and yellow gold that I am familiar with.

Archived