Ottawa RedBlacks to Return CFL to Canadian Capital City

officeglenn

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, regardless, I'd pick RedBlacks over Renegades any day.

You just said you wanted to bring back the Renegades.

I actually intended the whole "Bring Back The Renegades" thing to be a joke. Then again, the Renegades were a joke of a team when they were in the CFL.

YOZXkBG.png?1

So Ottawa's CFL entry wants to make sure media spells team name REDBLACKS in all caps. Good luck with that.

Not RedBlacks. Not Redblacks. It's the Ottawa REDBLACKS, the team name you can't pronounce correctly below 90 decibels.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There was a while there where we were supposed to refer to the Miami Heat as the HEAT. I don't think it ever really took.

They're apparently still trying to make it happen, because they are dumb.

http://www.nba.com/heat/#/story/news/miami-heat-enter-single-affiliation-partnership-nba-development-league

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There was a while there where we were supposed to refer to the Miami Heat as the HEAT. I don't think it ever really took.

They're apparently still trying to make it happen, because they are dumb.

http://www.nba.com/h...elopment-league

Shows you how likely it'll be then that they will get their wish of everyone calling them the REDBLACKS in print. It'll be Redblacks or RedBlacks in most print despite their insistence to the opposite.

So does anyone know what color the helmet and mask will be? Red b/c the logo is black?

I would put money on it being Black, with a single red stripe... with the logo on the side so the saw blade is barely visible or they might ditch the blade entirely and just have the updated R on the side... it will look like an updated Rough Riders helmet...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• 2 weeks later...

TSN Commentator Rod Black has asked that his name now be printed in all capitals.

And the space be removed, and in French to be known as ROD et NOIR.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

TSN Commentator Rod Black has asked that his name now be printed in all capitals.

I think each of these deserves to be its respective POTD

• 2 weeks later...

That made me burst out laughing at work. Thanks a lot.

since this thread got bumped up, I was wondering if anyone knew of any advancements with jerseys.

In the advertisements they have a red jersey but every piece of merchandise being sold here is black.

• 2 weeks later...

since this thread got bumped up, I was wondering if anyone knew of any advancements with jerseys.

In the advertisements they have a red jersey but every piece of merchandise being sold here is black.

I hope they use black more than red, and then the Stamps stop using so much balck--they can useit abit, but not so much, and then increase the use of red.

Ottawa can have a red alternate though.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I hope they use black more than red, and then the Stamps stop using so much balck--they can useit abit, but not so much, and then increase the use of red.

Ottawa can have a red alternate though.

The Stamps definitely have to lose most black especially that black "away" helmet.

IbjBaeE.png

The Stamps definitely have to lose most black especially that black "away" helmet.

Definitely--although I don't mind the Riders' white helmet--what do Rider fans think of it?

Definitely--although I don't mind the Riders' white helmet--what do Rider fans think of it?

I like the Riders all white look, but I don't wear a watermelon so I don't know if I count.

IbjBaeE.png

• 3 weeks later...

When they unveiled the new unis I knew the mismatching stripes wouldnt last that long and when they did a green helmet with an all white look wasnt going to fly... then the week before the Hamilton game last year there was the rumbling of the white lid then 2 days before I think Durant wore it for practise... Then the storm trooper look was unveiled... Its grown on me I really like it.

Just glad they dont go full green leotard at home, and the one or two times they wore the green pants with the whites they kept the green lids.

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived