Ottawa RedBlacks to Return CFL to Canadian Capital City

officeglenn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I know they're trying to start with a clean slate, I would've much rather seen them bring back Ruffy the beaver. He was one of the only good things about the Renegades brand. I don't usually like "human" mascots unless there is no animal that is at all relevant to the city or nickname. More often than not they come across as creepy. Besides, beavers are the lumberjacks of the animal kingdom, not to mention the national animal of Canada. You could even dress him in plaid and a touque.

I like the Redblacks. Its different and I can totally understand why someone would say WTF to it. But instead of spending 250 on tickets to a Senators game, I might just take a drive up to Ottawa and catcha Redblack game. Tickets can't be more than what 30 bucks canadian?

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

I like the Redblacks. Its different and I can totally understand why someone would say WTF to it. But instead of spending 250 on tickets to a Senators game, I might just take a drive up to Ottawa and catcha Redblack game. Tickets can't be more than what 30 bucks canadian?

Anywhere from $19 to $133 Canadian.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 weeks later...

I was just checking in with the Redblacks website and I came across this mention about The Ottawa Fury, Redblacks and 67's relationship with Bell Media. There appears to a teaser pic of the Redblacks home uniform- either that or it's a stock photo with their team colors. Has anyone else heard anything about what direction they might have chosen?

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/video/index/id/94751?autostart=true

http://ottawaredblacks.com/

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I was just checking in with the Redblacks website and I came across this mention about The Ottawa Fury, Redblacks and 67's relationship with Bell Media. There appears to a teaser pic of the Redblacks home uniform- either that or it's a stock photo with their team colors. Has anyone else heard anything about what direction they might have chosen?

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/video/index/id/94751?autostart=true

http://ottawaredblacks.com/

It's just a generic practice jersey, given how there's no design and it features silver with no black.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Jay Leno found a new career!

1016302_10153814703160468_2068428606_n.j

(It's the mascot BTW, can someone seriously help this team?)

Wait...he's a football mascot in ice skates. Maybe he thinks he's the mascot for a hockey team. Change that and I actually like him, until then I just see hockey.

You're close. He's actually at a 67's game. They're playing their home games at CTC while they work on the redevelopment of Lansdowne Park. The Redblacks' ownership group also owns the 67's so it makes sense that he'd make his debut there.

You're close. He's actually at a 67's game. They're playing their home games at CTC while they work on the redevelopment of Lansdowne Park. The Redblacks' ownership group also owns the 67's so it makes sense that he'd make his debut there.

Or maybe to scare some motivation into that team.

It's a silly thing, but the name of the team is the Ottawa REDBLACKS.

Not "RedBlacks", or "Redblacks". "REDBLACKS".

All caps, all the time.

Yes, but when all the Ottawans here refuse to call 'Le Rouge et Noir' by the all-caps mess it actually is, then it tends not to catch on that way.

Archived