officeglenn

Ottawa RedBlacks to Return CFL to Canadian Capital City

Ottawa doesnt do design well, I thought we would have all accepted that by now.

Still - Red numbers trimmed in Black would have been a LOT better in terms of color balance (IMO).

That's what I've been saying about the Stamps' road jerseys since they switched to black numbers--so hands off--I want the red numbers for the Stamps.

That said the RedBlacks looked better then the Riders' all green getups--look like pyjamas with the same colour socks.

Normally the riders dont go monochrome at home, its usually green with white pants... dunno if that was just a preseason thing or what... then again they went monochrome in the west semi final vs BC but that was in the racing stripe retros... so who knows...

There is so much wrong with that photo...monochrome v. monochrome, the generic templates, those atrocious side panels on the Riders, Ottawa's numbers, and not a helmet stripe in sight.

1TuzBL1.jpg

Is this really necessary?

1TuzBL1.jpg

Is this really necessary?

I think they could've done the wordmark on the pants. A better secondary logo design would've been better on the shoulder

I'd rather they put emphasis on the logo, rather than the name. Besides, they need to make sure they have an even number of wordmarks on the uniform. They use English on the jerseys, and French on the helmets. If they used the English wordmark on the pants they'd need to find someplace to shoehorn in another "Rouge et Noir" wordmark.