Ottawa RedBlacks to Return CFL to Canadian Capital City

officeglenn

What about Ottawa Rouges or Rouge? Allows for the continuation of the red, black and white colour scheme and plays up the French side of Ottawa. I also quite like Redcoats. Could mimic the uniform in the kits...

I will say that I would not be disappointed if they moved away from an R name altogether. I like Voyageurs.

Has anyone made concept logos/kits for any of these names?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottawa Riders,but it makes way much too much sense tough.

No it doesn't. Saskatchewan locked down any and all variations of Roughriders/Rough Riders/Riders/Roughies when the original Ottawa team folded.

Riverjacks, Rideaus, are good choices. There is another rumor going around on the net that Rebels is the frontrunning name for the team but that's debatable and not creditable either.

I doubt they'd go to Rebels, too close to the Rebel lacrosse team owned by the previous owners and marketed with very similar marks to those of the Renegades. Is there not some history with Raiders in minor football there? Maybe that's an option.

• 2 weeks later...

I always liked the fact that the Cleveland Browns were named after a person (Paul Brown). It might be an opportunity to try something like that with the new Ottawa CFL franchise. The Ottawa RJ’s (Russ Jackson), or The Ottawa Gabriels (Tony Gabriel) come to mind.

I like this idea, but perhaps not for a living person, but rather a historic one. What about calling the team the Ottawa Macs, after first Canadian Prime Minister Stephen MacDonald?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I always liked the fact that the Cleveland Browns were named after a person (Paul Brown). It might be an opportunity to try something like that with the new Ottawa CFL franchise. The Ottawa RJ’s (Russ Jackson), or The Ottawa Gabriels (Tony Gabriel) come to mind.

I like this idea, but perhaps not for a living person, but rather a historic one. What about calling the team the Ottawa Macs, after first Canadian Prime Minister Stephen MacDonald?

John A. MacDonald, not Stephen

Stephen?

Harper+plays+football.JPG

:D

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived