CCSLC New Look-What do you think?

nash61

The only thing that I'm having an issue with is: when I visit the forums I usually click on the "View New Content" link at the top of the page. This still works, all good. However then if I click on a forum that has several pages the old board would take me to the first post in that thread that was new since I last visited. Now it just take me back to the first page of the thread.

I tried looking in the settings to change this but couldn't find anything. Any help?

I'm having this same issue. Its not the end of the world but I have to click "Go to first unread" up at the top after clicking a topic.

Mobile site works fine for this function. After clicking "new content" when you click a topic it goes directly to the first unread post.

Otherwise nice work!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about the mobile, but on the quick reply box on the desktop version, it's the little light-switch-looking icon in the upper-left of the editor.

iPad actually isn't the mobile version. It looks like the full version - not sure if there's a tablet version or not. Maybe it's just a compatibility thing.

Same thing on a Nexus 7 — full site, not mobile. I don't hate it, but it makes it harder to bold things and such on a touch screen because of the RTE setup.

I really don't like the fact that right-clicking an image creates a pop-up of the image, which I have to right-click again to open the image on its own. It was much better before when I could just RC/View Image.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Just got hit with the new mothership. Wow. :shocked:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Header now redirects to the boards, instead of the mothership.

crowd-high-five.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I really don't like the fact that right-clicking an image creates a pop-up of the image, which I have to right-click again to open the image on its own. It was much better before when I could just RC/View Image.

I've seen that on other forums using this new template. Also annoying is the slooooooow time for images to pop up to full size.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I really enjoy the new way to block signatures. Very streamlined and easy to use.

On our profiles here, mine is at " -1 Neutral". A few questions: Is this new? Does it mean someone "disliked" a post of mine (if possible), or that someone doesn't care for this schmuck and just disliked me in general? lol. I guess I'm asking if this thing is a tracker of the likes on our posts or a tracking of us as members.

edit: How would one turn a signature back on? Sorry DG, I tested on yours since it was the post prior to this and it appears I can't bring Sonic back. And I feel bad, as your signature is completely non-offending to me. =(

edit 2: Control Panel -> 'Ignore' Settings

On our profiles here, mine is at " -1 Neutral". A few questions: Is this new? Does it mean someone "disliked" a post of mine (if possible), or that someone doesn't care for this schmuck and just disliked me in general? lol. I guess I'm asking if this thing is a tracker of the likes on our posts or a tracking of us as members.

Are we implementing a ratings system with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

It's all relatively new to me as well, I turned on an option called "Reputation System" but it was only supposed to allow users to "Like" a post - not any members.

So is there a way you can "dislike" posts? The reason I ask is because this member (http://boards.sports.../user/6-njtank/) has a "Poor -13" rating.

You cannot "dislike" posts, but we had a similar system long ago in which you could -- I'm betting Tanks negative rating is leftover from those days

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Notifications tab is giving me problems. In order to remove the red notification I have to go into notifications and delete it manually, however sometimes it'll have a nifty dropdown that shows the notification and automatically removes them.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like the new buttons. It was hard to distinguish which post was the new one since the red was so indiscernible.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is there any way to get the colour back in block quotes? it's hard to tell whose quote is whose.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I've been playing around with the "Next Unread Topic" feature, and I was in the Lounge where I only read a handful, so there's tons of unread topics. I start using it and it doesn't go in order, it's very much random. I did this for about 10 topics, then there was no "next unread topic", it was "back to the board" or something like that. I go back and everything is marked as read. Even though there were probably 50 plus topics I hadn't read and it only took me through about 10. I had this happen in Sports Logos the other week too, I thought I accidentally hit "Mark all read", but it's obvious now I didn't.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I've been playing around with the "Next Unread Topic" feature, and I was in the Lounge where I only read a handful, so there's tons of unread topics. I start using it and it doesn't go in order, it's very much random. I did this for about 10 topics, then there was no "next unread topic", it was "back to the board" or something like that. I go back and everything is marked as read. Even though there were probably 50 plus topics I hadn't read and it only took me through about 10. I had this happen in Sports Logos the other week too, I thought I accidentally hit "Mark all read", but it's obvious now I didn't.

Any feedback on this life altering event?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Half the topics i go into have centered text... what's up with that?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Half the topics i go into have centered text... what's up with that?

From what I can tell, there's at least one ad with bad code, causing any text after it to be centered. Most of the time, reloading the page does the trick, since you'll usually get a different ad.

It's definitely not uncommon, which I unfortunately know from professional experience. Damned ad providers and their crappy code.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived