Physter's NHL Concepts

Physeter

Hey all!

I thought I would try my hand at some concepts for various (maybe, eventually all) NHL teams. I have no agenda to address, by that I mean, think of these as pure fantasy designs.

Excuse the roughness of my designs, I'm still fairly new at this. :D (constructive criticism welcome).

First up: New Jersey Devils

Home:

hWKMg.png

Away:

U3vo6.png

The lines on the backs of the jerseys leading up to the yoke are incomplete. Also, adding the fight strap wouldn't hurt.

It's a very interesting concept for such a traditional team.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Devils are a tricky team to do a concept for. Their look is so established that anything deviating from it, automatically looks odd. While I can appreciate the creativity and outside thinking of this concept, I would not want to see the team adopt it in real life. Aside from green being brought back that is...

I'm working on fixing up the Pacific Division at the moment.

First up: The Sharks

cefic.png

vOfcf.png

I really like San Jose's current set, I think it's one of the best in the league at the moment. So I wasn't for ways to improve it, but instead paint a different perspective.

I couldn't decided if I liked the grey/silver or the orange more, so I went with a mix of both. Hope ya like it! :D

Not bad, but the stripes are too low on the socks. Where you've got them right now, the stripes would be around the players' ankles.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The sock stripes are WAAAAY too low. put them about midway up, right where the curved line across it starts.

I was going to say that the gray needs to be white on the teal jersey, but really, the gray could be eliminated altogether and the entire thing would be much improved. Try that and see how it looks. i think it'll pop much more.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Not really feeling the Sharks' jerseys... I don't think the silver and orange should be allowed to touch because I think they muddy into each other.

On the other hand, I really like where you went with the Devils. The shoulder yoke is very unique and suits the team nickname, even if the team is considered very traditional otherwise.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The sock stripes are WAAAAY too low. put them about midway up, right where the curved line across it starts.

I was going to say that the gray needs to be white on the teal jersey, but really, the gray could be eliminated altogether and the entire thing would be much improved. Try that and see how it looks. i think it'll pop much more.

Okie doke. Fixed the socks (never made them before figured they all too low but I wasnt't too sure). And I dropped they silver in favour of white:

ihnZ4.png

lx5bQ.png

Added an alternate:

FzPci.png

Looks fantastic :D I would buy these in a heartbeat. Although with the striping you need to keep the orange and gold as far away as possible (I'd also brighten the gold just a teensy bit so it looks less like bronze. Lousy metallic pantone).

Agreed! The gold-white-orange of the striping on the black jersey's arms looks great; make the waist and sock stripes match that. For the white jersey, a quick-fix suggestion doesn't immediately jump out at me. On the arms, maybe try moving the thin gold stripe so that it's touching the black instead of the orange, but that's all I've really got as far as that's concerned.

Your other two sets look great as well! I'm a fan of the twist you've put on the Devils' identity, and while I agree with the other comments about not wanting to actually see them wear it, that doesn't stop it from being really well-executed and good-looking as a concept. Your changes from Sharks concept #1 to #2 definitely addressed the issues that you had. Overall, I think the plethora of colors and stripes on the Sharks and Ducks really makes them look like the west coast expansion teams that they are, while not doing anything crazy. Well done creating cohesive and distinct identities!

Massive improvement not only on your previous concept but the current Sharks set as well. If the Sharks insist on using orange they should embrace it.

The problem is, the organization has been trying to embrace it, but a lot of the fans don't like the orange, in fact it's technically the Sharks secondary color, which from what I've heard isn't very popular with fans. It certainty isn't with me. If I remember right, it was the logo designer that thought of it and the management was 100% behind it, but willing to give it a try. I also remember a playoff game a few seasons ago when they tried to give fans orange Sharks shirts to wear - very few embraced them.

I admit, I've warmed up to the orange, but I definitely don't want it in the logo or uniform more than it is now. I just prefer the Teal Black and Silver/gray that used previously - it just fits the team better. The more orange they use, they more I feel it's not Sharks, but Dolphins... meh.

The problem is, the organization has been trying to embrace it, but a lot of the fans don't like the orange, in fact it's technically the Sharks secondary color, which from what I've heard isn't very popular with fans. It certainty isn't with me. If I remember right, it was the logo designer that thought of it and the management was 100% behind it, but willing to give it a try. I also remember a playoff game a few seasons ago when they tried to give fans orange Sharks shirts to wear - very few embraced them.

I admit, I've warmed up to the orange, but I definitely don't want it in the logo or uniform more than it is now. I just prefer the Teal Black and Silver/gray that used previously - it just fits the team better. The more orange they use, they more I feel it's not Sharks, but Dolphins... meh.

I too prefer the teal, grey & black combo... Just saying if they must use orange, they should go all the way with it instead of the thin outlines they currently use. Squint and you can barely see the orange on the Teal home jersey. Unfortunately, if their last two playoff appearances are any indication, it looks like they will be adopting the black jerseys full time. Big mistake.

Hmm. I didn't realize orange was so unpopular.

Amended:

Z7T3c.png

m64XO.png

yNSXo.png

I'll update the Ducks a little later and add the Kings as well.

Archived