2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

What a game by the Knickerbockers against the Thunder in OKC!

Oh and for Bill Simmons who said on Countdown on Christmas that the Knicks wouldn't win 50..... EAT IT!!!!

The Melo Show can get 50 wins but it'll be interesting how far he can get into the playoffs...however, I do appreciate they knocked OKC off. Although a part of me feels that the #2 track is the easier path to the championship now that Gallinari is out.

GR30a5H.png

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game by the Knickerbockers against the Thunder in OKC!

Oh and for Bill Simmons who said on Countdown on Christmas that the Knicks wouldn't win 50..... EAT IT!!!!

The Melo Show can get 50 wins but it'll be interesting how far he can get into the playoffs...however, I do appreciate they knocked OKC off. Although a part of me feels that the #2 track is the easier path to the championship now that Gallinari is out.

This team is more than Carmelo Anthony (JR Smith off the bench, Chandler, Kenyon Martin, etc) but yes the man has been amazing the past few games.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The Lakers defense is so pathetic. We aren't even making the Clippers make tough shots. D'Antoni needs to be fired. We will not make the playoffs with defense like this.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This is why I don't look forward to the playoffs if the Lakers get there. No kickout defense on the 3-line, and no boxing out in the paint to prevent Griffin. The Lakers' season has either 5 or 9 games left (the 9 being the 5 plus a quick 4-game sweep in Round 1).

First division title in Clippers franchise history. Bout time :D

Memphis and Charlotte have never won one, the Warriors haven't won one since 75-76, and the Bulletwizards haven't won one since 78-79

Gotta love sweeping the Lakers and winning the division at the same time.

Congrats to the Clippers for winning the division.

Though did the Clippers win any divisions in Buffalo?

Now the question is, do the Clippers actually hang that Pacific Division banner if they dont win the NBA title? (Or for that matter, win the West and get to the Final?)

It'd be nice for the Clippers to actually have something of recognition in Staples Center (and really, I actually mean that without any snark or anything), but it would still look kind of pathetic next to the Lakers banners. That's if they put it up on the wall like the Lakers do and the Kings used to. Now that the Kings moved to the other end of Staples and actually hanging there is room next to the Lakers section. I'd imagine if the Clippers were to hang the banner, they'd join the Kings on the other side of the arena, just so they're not right next to that wall of Lakerdom. (The Kings/Sparks/Avengers stuff even looked weird being on the same wall, although I did like the championships all collected in one place. Still looked weird.)

I'd say maybe the Clippers want to hold themselves to the same standard as the Lakers and only put up NBA titles, but their other roommates, the Kings, never did. They have their division/conference banners up too. But that's mostly space, legacy, and whatnot. Teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, Canadiens, etc, there just isn't enough space to put the divisions/conferences up along with the league titles. I mean, look at the Red Wings in Joe Louis Arena. Sure the rows upon rows of banners are cool and bring an aura, but man does it look kind of ridiculous. Especially when they're hanging "Western Conference Regular Season Champions" banners. Come on. You're the Red Wings. Be above that. And speaking of that sentiment, that's also why those franchises don't hang things like that. Their legacies have established a standard of league championships and that nothing lesser should be hung. For the Clippers, there isn't that. Like I said, they'd like to have that same standard, but theyre not there yet. (Or may not ever be.)

Anyway, good on you, Clippers. I say you go ahead and hang that banner. (Just not on that Lakers wall... for your own sakes :lol: ) And maybe the Lakers make the playoffs, and maybe they pull off the first round upset, and maybe they play the Clippers in the second round.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Oh, let the Clippers and their fans have some fun. Laker fans, sheesh.

laker_fan_dudes.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

laker_fan_dudes.gif

I swear I tried to make that post as non-snarky, non-douchey, and non-"count my banners, bro" as possible! Honest! I even gave them some props! :lol:

I thought it was a legitimate question and discussion...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I thought it was a legitimate question and discussion...

Just who do you think you are, mr. Sunshine & Surfing!? We don't take kindly to yer fancy "lojik" 'round these parts, son....

I don't even know what the hell I'm talking about anymore. I just post gifs and act like an idiot.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

laker_fan_dudes.gif

Is that Frank Robinson sitting in front of Laker-Douche 1?

The dude with the sunglasses is the only douche in that pic that I can see...

Unless you are counting the guy with the purple wife beater as one as well.

laker_fan_dudes.gif

I swear to God when people refer to the hipster Laker fans, who come late, leave early to the front row court side seats, then go to the techno club, these people are the epitome of it.

laker_fan_dudes.gif

I swear to God when people refer to the hipster Laker fans, who come late, leave early to the front row court side seats, then go to the techno club, these people are the epitome of it.

Right On

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived