2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

For real. Plus, I'm sure both Ray Allen and Reggie Miller have something to say about that.

Young'ns these days....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My predictions for the first round are:

EAST

Heat over Bucks

Bulls over Nets

Knicks over Celtics

Pacers over Hawks

WEST

Thunder over Rockets

Clippers over Grizzlies (tough to call)

Spurs over Lakers

Warriors over Nuggets (those injuries might screw Denver over)

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Steph Curry: greatest 3 point shooter in NBA history

Take it easy, best single season and best of al time are two different things. Curry has many years of being a three point assassin before he can claim best ever.

Still far from being the most outrageous claim ever.

tumblr_llvhk0nzeh1qa8tuqo1_500.png

My predictions for the whole postseason:

WEST:

First Round

Thunder over Rockets (in 5)

Clippers over Grizzlies (in 7)

Warriors over Nuggets (in 6)

Spurs over Lakers (in 7)

Semi-Finals

Thunder over Clippers (in 6)

Spurs over Warriors (in 6)

Conference Finals

Thunder over Spurs (in 5)

EAST

First Round

Heat over Bucks (in 4)

Nets over Bulls (in 6)

Pacers over Hawks (in 6)

Knicks over Celtics (in 5)

Semi-Finals

Heat over Nets (in 5)

Knicks over Pacers (in 7)

Conference Finals

Heat over Knicks (in 6)

2013 NBA Finals

Heat over Thunder (in 5)

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm going out on a limb here.

Clippers over Knicks in the Finals

Chicago upsets Miami in round 2.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I bet this kid is under 15 years old. But it's OK. It just means he never saw Reggie Miller and prime Ray Allen terrorizing teams behind the arc.

Your loss, kid.

Take it easy, best single season and best of al time are two different things. Curry has many years of being a three point assassin before he can claim best ever.

Still far from being the most outrageous claim ever.

tumblr_llvhk0nzeh1qa8tuqo1_500.png

He looks like the guy from those "bbalbreakdown" videos on YouTube.

Two firings today, one deserved one I'm not so sure.

I think Lawrence Frank had to go in Detroit. Its a great story that he's been able to be a head coach in the NBA despite having no playing experience or family lineage, but it just wasn't working in Detroit. I don't think it was unreasonable to expect this team to be in contention for an eight seed this year and they never even got close to that, so probably need to make a few roster changes as well which they were in the process of doing mid-season, but as much as I admire Frank, he was probably part of the problem.

The one I'm not so sure about is Byron Scott. You had Kyrie Irving, Dion Waters and Anderson Varejao all missing significant portions of the season. Not sure what ownership expected given with that. If he made the playoffs with that going against him he should have been coach of the year. Again like the Pistons not unreasonable to expect them to be in playoff contention, but that's assuming they were healthy. Cleveland really wasn't healthy all year. So did the Cavs fire Scott because they thought he was a bad coach, or because they needed a scape goat over the fact that the team wasn't healthy all year? I tend to think it was more the latter.

Also given that Mike Brown is their leading candidate that tells me even more that it was a scape goat firing, because he has almost the exact same coaching philosophy as Scott does.

Does Mike Brown have compromising pictures of every owner in the league or something? There's talk that he's being (re)named the Cavs' head coach tomorrow, and also rumors that he was on the Sixers' list of candidates. Plus he's still getting paychecks on the side from the Lakers. Somehow one of the most mediocre coaches in the league has got it absolutely made right now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Cavs just fired him to whittle away at his self-worth until he finally relents and starts wearing a porkpie hat and oversized mustache on the sideline.

And the Bobcats never should have hired the assistant coach of a mid-level college program in the first place, so to fire him just rights a wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bobcats fired Mike Dunlap. So you give a guy with no coaching experience a terrible team and he doesn't do well his first year and you fire him. Makes sense I guess

I mean there's a reason why the Bobcats hired a career college assistant to be their head coach.

Nobody with any real NBA head coaching aspirations is going anywhere near that trash fire.

Suns Fired Lance Blanks as GM yesterday. Paul Coro of the azcentral is saying that the choice could be Grant Hill when he retires this season. I hope they fire Lon Babby pretty soon, or force Robert Sarver to sell the team pretty soon. This team has become nothing more of a joke.

Bobcats fired Mike Dunlap. So you give a guy with no coaching experience a terrible team and he doesn't do well his first year and you fire him. Makes sense I guess

It's kind of funny how Dunlap thought that he could save his job if he finished the season on a strong note, and that probably cost him his job.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Word is starting to spread here that David Kahn has been fired by the T-Wolves and possibly to be replaced by Flip Saunders.

David Kahn made good and bad moves, but was about the least-respected exec in the NBA...Hopefully this will help keep and get guys here (though the real issue is the weather)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived