2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still a lot of basketball to be played and a lot of things to figure out.... But yeah, 0-3 and a loss to the cross-hallway Clippers isn't a good look.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

As someone who really dislikes Steve Nash, this is delightful. It won't last forever, I know, but if they can keep this thing "going" till Thanksgiving, I'll be satisfied. They're fire Mr. Potato Head before it can really get out of hand, though. What the hell are they even trying to do?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As someone who really dislikes Steve Nash, this is delightful. It won't last forever, I know, but if they can keep this thing "going" till Thanksgiving, I'll be satisfied. They're fire Mr. Potato Head before it can really get out of hand, though. What the hell are they even trying to do?

They're playing NBA Live 2004.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Waiters had a fantastic game, gotta give props. I know it's early in the season, but the Clippers' recent trend back towards the horrific perimeter defense and lack of rebounding from the past couple years is worrisome. Either the players need to get their heads screwed back on or big changes need to be made.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Clippers could not have played worse than the Nets did in the 4th against a neutered T-Wolves roster. Please explain to me how any rational coach can think "Hey, we are getting our asses kicked in rebounding this quarter helping us lose a 21 point lead. LETS PLAY EVEN SMALLER AND PUT JOE JOHNSON AT POWER FORWARD!"

Avery needs to go if the Nets are to realize their potential and hype.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

JJ Barea and Donald Sloan are the first offenders of the leagues "no flopping" policy. I saw Barea's on Friday and it was so obvious that Jimmer barely grazed his chest, but Barea acted like he got popped hard in the face.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

JJ Barea and Donald Sloan are the first offenders of the leagues "no flopping" policy. I saw Barea's on Friday and it was so obvious that Jimmer barely grazed his chest, but Barea acted like he got popped hard in the face.

The one thing I don't agree with that rule is the flat fine rule. It will crack down on your bench warmers that go out and flop, but I'm skeptical about how it will effect your superstar players like Griffin and LeBron who I would classify as chronic floppers, but they can actually afford to pay the fine(s).

I rather suspend/foul guys, especially for the playoffs where I think guys are even more apt to do it if they are only going to get hit with a fine. I would just do it as 2 flops=1 game suspension, 4 flops=2 games, 6 flops=3 games and so on. Totals go back down to zero for the playoffs, but the same system would still be in place for the playoffs.

Still glad the NBA seems to be serious about going after floopers even though I don't agree 100% with the method.

The Princeton Offense idea just proved to be completely ill-conceived, especially when it completely handcuffed Nash.

Rumor going around is that they're looking to bring in D'Antoni. Hopefully this happens today or tomorrow, because I have tickets for Sunday B)

VmWIn6B.png

Archived