2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

So... um, does anyone else find it odd that nobody bats an eyelash at "suicide watch" jokes but everyone immediately became caremad about CS85's joke?

it was

A BRIDGE TOO FAR

DwightFistPump.gif

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you're willing to admit that.

TXFu3.gif

So... um, does anyone else find it odd that nobody bats an eyelash at "suicide watch" jokes but everyone immediately became caremad about CS85's joke?

it was

A BRIDGE TOO FAR

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

At least you're willing to admit that.

TXFu3.gif

it was

A BRIDGE TOO FAR

No, more like

Cavaliers to unveil brighter, simpler court for 2012-13 season.

The Cavaliers will unveil a new brighter, simpler court when the 2012-13 season begins Oct. 30 against Washington.

The new surface is a lighter maple hardwood with the simple Cavaliers' "C" logo at center court. "Cleveland Cavaliers" is written along each baseline.

The east sideline reads "CAVS.COM" and the team's Twitter handle, "@Cavs." On the west sideline is scrawled the team slogan, "All for one. One for all."

The court is composed of 125 4x8 pieces and takes 75 minutes to assemble.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2012/10/cavaliers_to_unveil_brighter_s.html#incart_river

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Why can't Stern retire today? Why does he feel the need to linger another 15 months?

Did anyone see the poll on ESPN asking, who is the best commissioner among the North American Big 4? I wish they had an option for "None of the Above." They're all terrible, with Bettman being the worst, closely followed by Stern.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Why can't Stern retire today? Why does he feel the need to linger another 15 months?

Did anyone see the poll on ESPN asking, who is the best commissioner among the North American Big 4? I wish they had an option for "None of the Above." They're all terrible, with Bettman being the worst, closely followed by Stern.

The date he is set to retire will be the 30th anniversary of when he became Commish (February 1, 2014).

The date he is set to retire will be the 30th anniversary of when he became Commish (February 1, 2014).

I know, but he's the only one who cares about making it to 30 years. Can't wait to see him gone.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I guess it's time to make predictions...

Eastern Conference

1. Miami (Still the team to beat in my eyes)

2. Chicago (Once Rose is healthy and back to his old self, watch out)

3. Boston (Old, yet talented)

4. New York (Darkhorse in the East perhaps?)

5. Atlanta (Hawks always seem to hang at this point as of late)

6. Milwaukee (Decent team that could send shockwaves if things fall correctly)

7. Brooklyn (New look team will lead to success, but not yet)

8. Indiana (Pacers edge out Wizards for that last spot)

Western Conference

1. Oklahoma City (Still the best in the West in my eyes)

2. LA Lakers (All this talent means one thing: Finals or bust)

3. San Antonio (Boston of the West: Old, yet talented)

4. LA Clippers (OK, it's now a full season with this talent... let's see if they can do anything with it)

5. Dallas (Last roundup for the current Mavs, I feel)

6. Utah (West's darkhorse)

7. Minnesota (Despite Love's injury, the T-Wolves have their best team since the Garnett days)

8. Golden State (Warriors might be the one team that shocks everyone)

Well looks like Stern leaving is turning out to be a bad thing for Sacramento Kings fans as I figured it would be. Just didn't figure it would be this bad for us. Looks like Stern is pushing the Maloofs to sell to Hansen so he can get a team back in Seattle before his tenure as commish is up. And with the Maloofs running low on cash and other options I fail to see how they won't sell to Hansen eventually, especially now that the Bucks and Grizzlies are off the table leaving him with no options and the Maloofs with maximum value.

Reading from the bottom ticker on ESPN, but looks like a trade between the Thunder and Rockets is happening according to Yahoo. James Harden to the Rockets with a package that includes Kevin Martin to Oklahoma City.

Reading from the bottom ticker on ESPN, but looks like a trade between the Thunder and Rockets is happening according to Yahoo. James Harden to the Rockets with a package that includes Kevin Martin to Oklahoma City.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden, Daequan Cook, Lazar Hayward and Cole Aldrich to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and future draft picks, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Thunder were unable to come to terms with their star swingman Harden on a contract extension and chose to break up their star trio of Kevin Durant,Russell Westbrook and Harden.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Bad trade for both teams. James Harden is extremely overrated and soon to be overpaid, but Kevin Martin just isn't good and Lamb is viewed by most experts as the next... Kevin Martin. The big winners here are both LA teams and Denver, because our biggest challenger for Western Conference supremacy just really screwed themselves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The big winners here are both LA teams and Denver, because our biggest challenger for Western Conference supremacy just really screwed themselves.

Don't kid yourself. Denver isn't going to do sh1t, even if they get into the playoffs.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm sure the residents of South Beach are pleased they should pretty handily mop up consecutive rings, barring some sort of Lakers revival.

twitter

Archived