2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good win by the Lakers tonight. Also, if the Rockets manage to lose tomorrow and the Lakers beat Houston on Wednesday, we'll be in 7th seed and avoid the Thunder.

"We'll avoid the shotgun blast to the head and torso and get slowly crushed by an elephant instead."

The Lakers were never going to make it out of the first round, even with Kobe. Any talk of seeding is pointless; their championship is just making the playoffs. The whole season is kind of a disaster.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Good win by the Lakers tonight. Also, if the Rockets manage to lose tomorrow and the Lakers beat Houston on Wednesday, we'll be in 7th seed and avoid the Thunder.

"We'll avoid the shotgun blast to the head and torso and get slowly crushed by an elephant instead."

The Lakers were never going to make it out of the first round, even with Kobe. Any talk of seeding is pointless; their championship is just making the playoffs. The whole season is kind of a disaster.

Exactly. Despite the fact that they've been on a pretty good pace since their "restart" a couple of months ago, the fact of the matter is that this team was going to need a colossal effort (due to injuries & general underachievement combined with locker-room strife) just to make the playoffs and even then, they weren't going to go too far. The Kobe injury just made it a near-certainty that if they make the playoffs, their chances of advancing are very slim.

This is coming from a guy who decided to adopt the Lakers as a 2nd team of sorts for this season because I'm evil.

I'd rather play the Spurs than the Thunder because at least we'll have the illusion that we have a chance to advance. We do not match up well with the Thunder at all and to play them will just be depressing.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Indiana locked at #3, Boston at #7, and no appropriate time to schedule a make-up, with the season ending on Wednesday.

It's really just common sense. Wonder what happens with the Sens/Bruins game, since that game will likely still hold playoff implications. Only 12 days to squeeze that one in as well, and the Bruins already had one of their off days eschewed with the makeup game against Tampa Bay from the blizzard game early in the season.

spacer.png

For an unyielding dynasty, the Lakers are surprisingly likeable.

How so?

The thing about the Lakers, especially the 2009-2010 version, is that while they are the most pedigreed franchise in NBA history, they also are kind of vulnerable too. Magic had Bird, Shaq had his free throws, and Kobe had the best of every team he played against. While they've recently won five championships, they've also not won all of the other years. So for a dominant franchise, there's actually some drama year-in, year-out. When everything clicks, they win. When they're scrambling or in-fighting, they don't.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I mostly watch NBA at night at the gym and the Lakers are invariably on, but I find myself pulling for them. Yeah, they have every advantage, but they also tend to make it look hard. The Heat, Spurs, and other teams were supposed to win in the years they did; the Lakers tend to make it look hard.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Although I'm glad (or rather exhausted) that it took this long for the Lakers to get in, the Jazz's piss-poor performance doomed their own chances tonight. I called their game against Memphis as the Jazz's "nail in the coffin," but boy was Utah not urgent in their gameplay. 70 points, a paltry 32% shooting, and Randy Foye going 1 for 9, all in most likely Al Jefferson's last game with the team. Shame.

Even though the Lakers are in, their game vs. the Rockets loses some luster. I kinda wanted the buildup to this game as "win-and-in, lose-and-out." Add some serious drama and flare to this one. Now it's just for playoff positioning, to route the inevitable that the Lakers will likely get smoked out of the playoffs in round one.

Lottery:

1 Orlando

2 Charlotte

3 Cleveland

4 Phoenix

5 New Orleans

6 Sacramento

7 Detroit/Washington

8 Detroit/Washington

9 Minnesota

10 Portland

11 Philadelphia/Toronto*

12 Philadelphia/Toronto*

13 Dallas

14 Utah

* Toronto's pick goes to OKC if it isn't top 3

I don't think I've ever seen a 180 degree laser three pointer like I just saw at the end of the Lakers game. Wow.

Although I'm glad (or rather exhausted) that it took this long for the Lakers to get in, the Jazz's piss-poor performance doomed their own chances tonight. I called their game against Memphis as the Jazz's "nail in the coffin," but boy was Utah not urgent in their gameplay. 70 points, a paltry 32% shooting, and Randy Foye going 1 for 9, all in most likely Al Jefferson's last game with the team. Shame.

Even though the Lakers are in, their game vs. the Rockets loses some luster. I kinda wanted the buildup to this game as "win-and-in, lose-and-out." Add some serious drama and flare to this one. Now it's just for playoff positioning, to route the inevitable that the Lakers will likely get smoked out of the playoffs in round one.

Does this game have enough drama for you now?

What a game tonight. Both teams really, really do not want to play the Thunder.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Steph Curry: greatest 3 point shooter in NBA history

Take it easy, best single season and best of al time are two different things. Curry has many years of being a three point assassin before he can claim best ever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived