New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see what is wrong with the beveling... the way the star is situated, and the direction the light is hitting it, the light and shadows look fine.

Calm down, angry mob...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't think they will try to bevel the cap logo. Raised and multi directional stitching will create the same look itself using only 2 colors. In other words, the print logo is a 2D replication of the 3D cap logo.

Isn't that how the Blue Jays logo ended up working? I recall it looking much better embroidered than its flat, digital version did.

It's OK, but when I think of 'Astros', I don't think of a stationary star. I think of speed, movement, etc. It's too Texas Rangery for my liking.

Yeah I have to agree with that. Aside from the colors their identity becomes too stolid with this update.

Tf9TG.jpg

SportsLogos friend/reader, Twitter @HeyItsBraden, sees it like this...which is much, much better obviously, compared to the t-shirt design. Very nice, Braden, by the way.

400x400xastros_mockup2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.A4UYLzul6t.jpg

The beveling may be incorrect, but it looks better this way for some odd reason.

stros.jpg

I still would've gone with the Shooting Star paired with the 1965 Home uni's.

NYCdog.png

I don't think they will try to bevel the cap logo. Raised and multi directional stitching will create the same look itself using only 2 colors. In other words, the print logo is a 2D replication of the 3D cap logo.

Isn't that how the Blue Jays logo ended up working? I recall it looking much better embroidered than its flat, digital version did.

You are correct. I own an authentic jersey and cap, and the logo looks marvelous.

Well, the new primary posted on the main blog site looks very nice. No beveling (or whatever the dual orange is) would certainly look better than whatever they're going for here, but I think the roundel logo looks great. My guess is the final uniform won't break any new ground or shake the design world, will look dignified and classic, and will still be more exciting than, say, the Padres.

Despite the beveling problems on the star, I actually like the primary logo. Unlike the rest in the recent waive of roundrels, this one doesn't look forced. The star touching the circle feels like a nod to the old west without being over-the-top hokey like what they did in their last set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes - copy and paste the URLs to see them.

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/499x500xScreen-shot-2012-10-27-at-17.06.39-.png.pagespeed.ic.Df1k4kyCCX.png

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/570x375xastroslogofeat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.o9YMb_Apxt.jpg

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/astros-wordmark.jpg.pagespeed.ce.mCrRQeQ0vt.jpg

Wow. What a :censored:ty weekend for the Astros.

Yes, but a great one for their fans. What an amazing upgrade.

Personally, I hate leaks. It ruins the surprise.

Yeah, me too.

But if they're going to leak, better it be beauties like these.

Archived