JustABallCoach

New Houston Astros Uniforms

While the very minimal update is helpful, the team should have just changed their dang name because nothing we have seen so far gives me the impression this is a space related team. Most probably don't agree but I'm not impressed by that.

It's OK, but when I think of 'Astros', I don't think of a stationary star. I think of speed, movement, etc. It's too Texas Rangery for my liking.

I don't see what is wrong with the beveling... the way the star is situated, and the direction the light is hitting it, the light and shadows look fine.

Calm down, angry mob...

I don't think they will try to bevel the cap logo. Raised and multi directional stitching will create the same look itself using only 2 colors. In other words, the print logo is a 2D replication of the 3D cap logo.

I don't think they will try to bevel the cap logo. Raised and multi directional stitching will create the same look itself using only 2 colors. In other words, the print logo is a 2D replication of the 3D cap logo.

Isn't that how the Blue Jays logo ended up working? I recall it looking much better embroidered than its flat, digital version did.

It's OK, but when I think of 'Astros', I don't think of a stationary star. I think of speed, movement, etc. It's too Texas Rangery for my liking.

Yeah I have to agree with that. Aside from the colors their identity becomes too stolid with this update.

SportsLogos friend/reader, Twitter @HeyItsBraden, sees it like this...which is much, much better obviously, compared to the t-shirt design. Very nice, Braden, by the way.

400x400xastros_mockup2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.A4UYLzul6t.jpg

The beveling may be incorrect, but it looks better this way for some odd reason.

stros.jpg

I still would've gone with the Shooting Star paired with the 1965 Home uni's.

Isn't that how the Blue Jays logo ended up working? I recall it looking much better embroidered than its flat, digital version did.

You are correct. I own an authentic jersey and cap, and the logo looks marvelous.

Well, the new primary posted on the main blog site looks very nice. No beveling (or whatever the dual orange is) would certainly look better than whatever they're going for here, but I think the roundel logo looks great. My guess is the final uniform won't break any new ground or shake the design world, will look dignified and classic, and will still be more exciting than, say, the Padres.

Photo from main site looks like the beveling is present in the primary, just low quality makes it tough to see. Not that bad, could be improved vastly, but could also be worse.

Despite the beveling problems on the star, I actually like the primary logo. Unlike the rest in the recent waive of roundrels, this one doesn't look forced. The star touching the circle feels like a nod to the old west without being over-the-top hokey like what they did in their last set.

I like it.

To the designer if you are on here: This logo never had a chance on this site, don't let the hate get to you. :)

Is the mothership down? I go there on my phone and nothing comes up. Can anybody post the supposed logos?

499x500xScreen-shot-2012-10-27-at-17.06.39-.png.pagespeed.ic.Df1k4kyCCX.png

That's the new word mark in the lower right corner.

570x375xastroslogofeat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.o9YMb_Apxt.jpg

Wow. What a :censored:ty weekend for the Astros.

Yes, but a great one for their fans. What an amazing upgrade.

Personally, I hate leaks. It ruins the surprise.

499x500xScreen-shot-2012-10-27-at-17.06.39-.png.pagespeed.ic.Df1k4kyCCX.png

That's the new word mark in the lower right corner.

570x375xastroslogofeat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.o9YMb_Apxt.jpg

Logos aren't showing up.

Is it that cellphone cover pic I found when googled?

Yes - copy and paste the URLs to see them.

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/499x500xScreen-shot-2012-10-27-at-17.06.39-.png.pagespeed.ic.Df1k4kyCCX.png

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/570x375xastroslogofeat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.o9YMb_Apxt.jpg

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/astros-wordmark.jpg.pagespeed.ce.mCrRQeQ0vt.jpg

Personally, I hate leaks. It ruins the surprise.

Yeah, me too.

But if they're going to leak, better it be beauties like these.