New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the new primary posted on the main blog site looks very nice. No beveling (or whatever the dual orange is) would certainly look better than whatever they're going for here, but I think the roundel logo looks great. My guess is the final uniform won't break any new ground or shake the design world, will look dignified and classic, and will still be more exciting than, say, the Padres.

Amen.

The primary roundel logo is very classic and simple. The dark navy and orange looks terrific. I wonder if the jerseys will have the single star above or situated around the wordmark like the found iPhone cover suggests.

Speaking of classic unis, the Giants' road unis are on TV now a la World Series and I look at them as very simple and elegant - plain grey, piping, block numerals, etc. But when you dissect the parts and look at it, it might be considered pretty boring. The "San Francisco" wordmark is about as plain as it gets. What we've seen of the Astros so far suggests a similar move and I think it's a huge upgrade from the train station, Sherriff Blaylock's nachos, black brick and sand baloney.

Didn't see the roundel until now but I know I called it awhile back. I've been holding mu tongue for Friday's reveal but I now sure this will be as disappointing as the very concept of the 'Stros going the AL. Roundel with hat logo is very quickly becoming shorthand for "no risk"

Would it to have killed to to make at least a nod to old logo and drop in an orbiting baseball or two?

H-Star is awesome, but that roundel is ungodly boring. I don't mind roundels, but at least give it some flavor.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

you know.... there's 2 ways to look at it. one way is to say it's another boring roundel that is not unique from the rest of the logos in the league...

but another way to look at it is to say that it looks really nice, clean, and classy. i approve of it WAY more than i expected i would.

Dislike. I hated the Astros most recent uniforms like most, but the logo and colors were fine. They could have just upgraded their uniforms instead of doing a complete overhaul.

The throwback look is getting a little overplayed. I mean this overhaul isnt even unique or creative. And let me guess, an orange alt jersey? I bet.

90758391980.gif

Dislike. I hated the Astros most recent uniforms like most, but the logo and colors were fine. They could have just upgraded their uniforms instead of doing a complete overhaul.

The throwback look is getting a little overplayed. I mean this overhaul isnt even unique or creative. And let me guess, an orange alt jersey? I bet.

I would think they'd have a navy alternate.

Making orange the dominant color would be a mistake, and that goes for a cap as well.

Making orange the dominant color would be a mistake, and that goes for a cap as well.

Disagree. There's too many navy teams in baseball right now, be unique - be orange.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I disagree. I think they could make it work with a classic look and an orange hat, as long as the numbers and wordmarks were orange with navy outlines. They did it in the '60s before the rainbow sets. However, the most important thing is to either pick navy or orange to be the primary and run with it. Don't have one be the primary at home and the other on the road. Don't have a navy cap for some games and then an orange cap for others.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So sad they're abandoning the truly unique open star look. Still, the new set is okay, just...sleepy. That's fine I guess. I mean, it'll sell merchandise locally.

It just looks too much of trying to be Rangers-y. That's just not the Astros identity.

Overall, combined with the move to the AL, it's very difficult to be excited about this new design.

Archived