New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think they'd have a navy alternate.

Making orange the dominant color would be a mistake, and that goes for a cap as well.

I disagree. I think they could make it work with a classic look and an orange hat, as long as the numbers and wordmarks were orange with navy outlines. They did it in the '60s before the rainbow sets. However, the most important thing is to either pick navy or orange to be the primary and run with it. Don't have one be the primary at home and the other on the road. Don't have a navy cap for some games and then an orange cap for others.

The cap in the leaked logo is navy with an orange bill. Someone upthread said it was one of three caps (others being all navy & all orange). Don't know the reliability of it, but it seems that no team is introducing a new look with only one cap now.

My guess is the navy/orange cap will be home, all navy road, and I'm guessing an orange alt cap with a possible orange alt jersey.

And actually, it seems teams are going to fewer caps on rebrands. The Blue Jays only went with one last year. The Padres did as well. The Diamondbacks, back in 2007, went with 2, but the black is only worn with the black jersey, which seems to be the less worn of the different jerseys for them. The Rays, in 2008, one cap. The Marlins went 2, but how often do they wear the orange cap? Only twice during the regular season. And though it wasn't really a rebrand, the Mets went to one, save for the all black which is only worn with the black jersey, which seems to now only appear a couple times in 2012 and maybe once in 2013 as a special day for former players. The Nationals went with only 2 caps. I'd say 2 or fewer seems to be the average now, with some teams here and there going more.

The Jays were the recent single-cap anomaly. SD went with 2 (blue & camo alt), D-Backs went with 2 (black & red), Marlins went with 2 (black & orange). And the Rays had one, but they also didn't have an alt with the rebrand for a full season, bringing the navy in in 2009 and the columbia in 2010. They're finally adding the second hat this year.

I'm interested in seeing the reaction to the BP jerseys.

Is it something to do with the template of the uni? Is it possible all 30 teams will have a new template?

I thought this was the year for the BP hats to change. The hats & jerseys templates change on different cycles, and the jerseys changed more recently. There are new BP hats coming in 2013 (allegedly the 5950 version of the BP cap).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe it was the fonts and the way the colors and logos were all over the place, but I find the Diamondbacks original look far inferior to the current one, at least colorwise. I'm not completely thrilled about the fonts and numbers, but there's at least some cohesiveness and the colors just look perfect for them, which they did not for the Astros.

I disagree about the D-Backs. First off, they previous uniforms sucked. The A was a lackluster chest logo and the road set was too bland and too black. Their best look was the first year, when the road cap had a teal brim and teal was featured more prominently on all jerseys. The original colors - purple, teal, copper and black - were great and very appropriate for a southwest team. They just never had a great uniform set in that era. I don't like their current uniforms, either. I think they should go back to their original colors and just come up with a good uniform.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

All navy is listed as home. Navy/Orange is listed as R/A1. All Orange is listed as A2.

I'm interested in seeing the reaction to the BP jerseys.

Did I miss something? Where did you see the Astros home/road/alt cap designations?

He's one of those guys that's "in the loop." You get one or two of these guys on a thread each time there's a rebrand coming.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

First time seeing this... and it's putting me to sleep. It's very "safe" while not really being that well rendered.

So, yeah, it's perfect for ya, Goth. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Tonight on the Astros' FB feed, they announced they'll be selling special "MLB Authenticated" jerseys (at $250 a pop) at the unveiling on Friday. Only 107 will be available in each of three styles, plus another 107 of the BP jerseys for $150 a pop.

So, they'll be selling home, road, some alt, and the BP at the stadium on Friday, in addition to the caps & t-shirts. Showtime might know more about whether or not there is a 2nd alternate or not.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Tonight on the Astros' FB feed, they announced they'll be selling special "MLB Authenticated" jerseys (at $250 a pop) at the unveiling on Friday. Only 107 will be available in each of three styles, plus another 107 of the BP jerseys for $150 a pop.

So, they'll be selling home, road, some alt, and the BP at the stadium on Friday, in addition to the caps & t-shirts. Showtime might know more about whether or not there is a 2nd alternate or not.

So does the 107 have any significance? 107 losses last year? STS-107 which was the doomed Columbia mission? Or something else?

Archived