New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Cardinals are dropping the navy cap? Terribly bad decision.

Meh. The red STL cap is all that is needed. Their road unis will look far superior, as will the MLB, by removing another dull navy cap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wait, so the Astros are going back to the clip art star?

No, if I understand what' being said here, the current generic hollow star is leaving, and the classic H over star is returning... in other words, great news.

So in essence, yes, they're going back to the clipart star. Lovely.

I don't know what was wrong with the current Astros uniforms, other than they lost in them, which I guess is reason enough to ditch them (sports logic yay).

It is about the new owner trying to placate his retreating fanbase by going nostalgia. If they started winning again in the black/brick, no one in Houston would have objected. Trust me, when they were a contender in the mid-00's, no one was clamoring for the navy/orange.

Plus, brick was the former owner's favorite color, so the new owner is trying to get away from that too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Yes. Best the Astros have ever looked. Honorable mentions to these, though:

1998-topps-picture-perfect-p9-jeff-bagwell-astros-bas-6484.jpg

That would have been a good look if they had changed the wordmark on the home jersey to match. This was also good:

Brian_Powell.jpg

Not really feeling the cap on that last picture though. That circle is overkill.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Yes. Best the Astros have ever looked. Honorable mentions to these, though:

1998-topps-picture-perfect-p9-jeff-bagwell-astros-bas-6484.jpg

That would have been a good look if they had changed the wordmark on the home jersey to match. This was also good:

Brian_Powell.jpg

Not really feeling the cap on that last picture though. That circle is overkill.

That's just the BP cap. And that road and alt set were a massive downgrade, and disappointment, from the aforementioned original navy/gold set. The giant star on the roads and standalone one on the alt jersey was an absolute eyesore.

I like navy with grey much more than red with grey. This move will really bum me out. I'll get used to it, but it's lame.

Plus it has a long history with the team. Hell it even pre-dates the red caps. It's a great looking cap and I hope his sources are wrong. I really can't see them just all of a sudden ditching them after over 20 years of use and very little any other changes during that time.

That's just the BP cap. And that road and alt set were a massive downgrade, and disappointment, from the aforementioned original navy/gold set. The giant star on the roads and standalone one on the alt jersey was an absolute eyesore.

I love the star. It's bold and unique.

If that is an eyesore and what they're doing now is generic, then what is good?

I have no idea why so many seem to like those 90s navy&metallic gold unis. Well, I guess to clarify, I thought the uni template itself was okay, but that logo and wordmark were both just bad IMO.

I like the logo and wordmark, but the best part is the hat, IMO. I plan on picking up one of those beauties.

I like navy with grey much more than red with grey. This move will really bum me out. I'll get used to it, but it's lame.

Plus it has a long history with the team. Hell it even pre-dates the red caps. It's a great looking cap and I hope his sources are wrong. I really can't see them just all of a sudden ditching them after over 20 years of use and very little any other changes during that time.

A team named the Cardinals should, in my opinion, wear red as much as possible. The navy didn't look bad, and as a fashion cap it's rather sharp. It just never should have seen the field of play.

I have no idea why so many seem to like those 90s navy&metallic gold unis. Well, I guess to clarify, I thought the uni template itself was okay, but that logo and wordmark were both just bad IMO.

It's their only modernized outer space look.

To everyone calling the new Astros uniforms boring and generic, all we have is a single, still mostly blurred and blacked out, image. Let's wait until they're actually revealed or we get a quality look at them through a leak.

To everyone calling the new Astros uniforms boring and generic, all we have is a single, still mostly blurred and blacked out, image. Let's wait until they're actually revealed or we get a quality look at them through a leak.

I think it has to do with the lettering. People call the "mb" BREWERS jerseys generic for the same reason.

I personally love them. Reminds me of what the Blue Jays did, and those are some of the best in the league in my opinion. Simple. They had a little fun with the batting practice jersey though. Colorful.

Archived