New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

I can only hope the Astros select the light navy New Era shade (Rays, Indians) over the midnight navy shade (Yankees)

I'd actually prefer if they went with more a deep steel blue color, myself...right along with their NFL brethren of the same city.

Pantone would have to chime in, but that looks like a pretty standard shade of navy blue to me. Regardless of what their marketing company decided to call it.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only hope the Astros select the light navy New Era shade (Rays, Indians) over the midnight navy shade (Yankees)

I'd actually prefer if they went with more a deep steel blue color, myself...right along with their NFL brethren of the same city.

Pantone would have to chime in, but that looks like a pretty standard shade of navy blue to me. Regardless of what their marketing company decided to call it.

It's the same as the Bears'.

...which would be your standard NFL Navy Blue.

Bears use a "Dark Navy" - which is only used by the Bears, Bills and Texans (Seahawks used it in their old set).

In fabric terms, the Yankees, Angels, Cardinals, Tigers and Red Sox use the same Dark Navy that the above mentioned NFL teams use, but a different print color.

The Rays, Nationals and Padres use a slightly different print color, and a completely different fabric color.

The Indians, Twins and Mariners use the same print color as the first MLB set (Yankees...), but the same fabric color as the previous listed set (Rays...).

Braves and Brewers use completely different shades of Navy - both in print and in textile terms - and are also unique to themselves.

I knew we could count on you. :D

Surprised about the Brewers, though. I guess my perspective is warped by the fact that New Era only offers two shades of navy on their caps, the Brewers/Rays one and the Yankees/Braves one.

But in any case, the Texans' blue is hardly unique (except in the clever name). The Astros might well be planning to adopt it.

I hope they go with that shade of blue against a practically radioactive orange. That would set them apart from everyone nicely.

As much as it would never happen, I'd endorse it though.

I think the Marlins already staked claims to this "radioactive orange" you speak of.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

No, that's more a red-orange. I was thinking yellow-orange.

I disagree. Normal-to-red orange is the way to go. It just looks better. Then again, I really hate yellow-orange because U of I's official athletic colors are screwed up and much of the merchandise ends up yellow-orange and faded navy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I was at the mall today, and I went by Lids. You know that part of the store where they have the regular 59/50 official team hats? Well, they had the new Astros hats up already. I'm pretty sure it was the new cap as they wouldn't put a fashion cap among the "official" caps. The cap was the Orange cap with the white H over a navy star, just like the one in the Lids ad at the top of this site (the exact same cap). I can post a picture or PM it if anybody wants to see it.

I was at the mall today, and I went by Lids. You know that part of the store where they have the regular 59/50 official team hats? Well, they had the new Astros hats up already. I'm pretty sure it was the new cap as they wouldn't put a fashion cap among the "official" caps. The cap was the Orange cap with the white H over a navy star, just like the one in the Lids ad at the top of this site (the exact same cap). I can post a picture or PM it if anybody wants to see it.

Post the picture lol.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived