2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

This post will be updated to include new changes as we find out about them,

Confirmed changes

The Astros return to navy and orange with a total rebrand. Navy, orange and navy/orange caps. Orange alternate jersey

The Mets will be getting two blue alternates (home orange letters with white outline, road gray letters with orange outline) and an alternate cap (orange brim and white outline on NY). Also, ASG patches.

The Cardinals are adding a cream "St. Louis" alternate jersey and relegating the navy caps to alternate status.

The White Sox will be wearing 1983 throwbacks again (possibly for Sunday home games)

The Nationals are getting a new cap

The Rays are using the fauxback uniforms as regular alternates

The Reds are at very least adding a cap.

The Rockies will use a 20th anniversary patch

The Pirates are wearing early '70s throwbacks with mustard caps for Sunday home games.

Rumors

Marlins 20th anniversary patch

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the rumored changes mentioned in the first post are long overdue (with the exception of the ChiSox throwbacks, which I am neutral on).

But I too would love to see the Pirates bring back the mustard cap in some capacity. The current alternate is so pointless--just the regular "P" with a detached white outline. It's every bit as pointless as one of those one-game Wild Card caps.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

The Brewers are not changing their roads to say Milwaukee. Speculation over.

While there aren't many teams making changes for next year, the ones that are may surprise you.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Lifted from the "New Houston Astros Uniforms thread":

It's probably the Cardinals fan in me, but I like when teams have a road cap that's different from the home cap.

Enjoy 2012 for as long as you can...

Slowclap.gif

I hope the Nats aren't tweaking their home and road uniforms - again.

The Nats are desperate for a tweak. Their look is a complete mess.

Don't count on one anytime soon. The look they have now is the one in which they tallied baseball's best record, so they might just pull a Denver Broncos and keep that look for the foreseeable future.

Any truth to the Nats tweaking their uniforms - again, NDwas?

And as I said on that thread, if the Nats flame out in the playoffs, their record this year won't matter. It's not like their win total is even approaching an historical level.

Quick - without Google, what team had the best record in baseball last year? The year before? 2007?

It's great to be in a position to hold that title, but on its own "best record in baseball" is a meaningless stat.

The Cardinals are supposedly dropping the navy caps.

I asked this in the Astros topic (where I first saw this mentioned), and am curious - does this mean the Sunday alt caps (what my nephew calls the "solo bird" caps) are on their way out, too?

The Brewers are not changing their roads to say Milwaukee. Speculation over.

While there aren't many teams making changes for next year, the ones that are may surprise you.

What makes you so sure of all this?

I'm what they might call "in the loop."

Oh, and the Nats aren't changing anything either.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived