2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hadn't thought of it beforehand, but watching it on TV, it's jarring to see the Brewers wearing unis that at a glance aren't that far off from those overused Twins throwbacks at Target Field.

The announcers even screwed up and said the Brewers were getting someone warmed up in the bullpen because it was the gray team. He corrected himself quickly and laughed about the uni confusion.

I went to the game. It was weird seeing the home team in gray. The Twins looked OK. I thought the Brewers looked pretty good. Target Field even used the throwback logos on the scoreboard and the line score read "Brewers" and "Saints".

I suppose next year the Twins will don Minneapolis Millers gear for a game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I do have to say that the Red Sox/Phillies with the BP caps looked much better yesterday in the opposite uniforms than they do tonight.

agree 100%

Anyone else think the red sox bp cap would go great with both the blue and red alternate jerseys? I think it would be perfect.

are the giants the only team with the same BP hat as one of their normal ones?

actually, do they even wear the regular orange brim hats anymore?

A's wore the gold

That is a B-E-A utiful look for the A's.

As for the original question, yes. The Giants are the only team who's BP cap is no different from one of their on the field caps. It's a bit of a bummer as a Giants fan, but they really don't have much of a choice. They no longer use the font that had the old NY Giants/Old BP G, and an orange cap would've been awful.

The Giants BP is similar, not the same, as the Sunday alt. The BP has the goofy black outline.

Giants Authentic Hats at MLBShop:

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=705091&cp=1452365.1452880

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

If the Rays would incorporate that as their alternate, I would be satisfied...

Been campaigning for a light blue bill cap for a while now.

I've been hoping to see that for awhile as well. Would also be nice to see the newer BP cap (Columbia blue crown) with the similar-colored alts.

Royals BP also looked good in action, as did the Braves. Would love to see the Nats BP in action, and the Mariners BP would be nice with the home whites if they would make the bill silver and eliminate the contrasting eyelets.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

When the Padres decide to wear their BP hats for a game, let's all just ignore it and pretend it never happened, okay? You know, just like we do with everything else involving the San Diego Padres.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's so #cubes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not shockingly, the Rays have now really taken to wearing the Starburst caps.

I don't mind it that much. Looks better than the drab all-navy caps.

Yes, but after seeing it paired with the home whites and alt navys, it surely pairs best with the alt jersey. Im hoping to see that new light blue cap/navy visor option paired with the light blue jersey for their next Sunday home game.

The Angels are wearing a black patch. What's it for?

I believe it's a patch for Dr. Lew Yocum who passed away last week. I saw a pic of it somewhere but I can't recall where....it may have been here?

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

Archived