2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Because this is not really "new thread" worthy...

I LOVE the Angels look. But a change I'd like to see is to use a little bit less of the halo A. You can see it four times in this photo. I wish they would at the very least remove the right sleeve patch and preferably remove both patches.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize i this has been mentioned, but I believe I heard/read (maybe even here) that they're gonna ditch the silver halo and go with the gld like they did in 2011 with the 50th anniversary patch. Has this been confirmed?

Well this creates a mess. Sure, the white outlined logo matches the alt script, but it just makes for a bad cap logo considering it's a forced revision of a very classy and simple cap that never needed to be fixed (see "black era," ca. 1998-2011). The orange bill makes it even worse.

My question is, will they wear these with the road alts as well? Will they create an alt cap with the logo in silver, outlined in orange? I hope to god the answer to both of those questions is no. The answer is simple: your primary cap is a solid, classic look, so stick with it for all uni combos. /rant

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

i love that cap as well, i always had a feeling if they went with a blue jersey, that was the cap they were going with. i dont mind the white outline, and i like the orange bill, it balances the level of blue out so there isnt too much. besides, these will look great in citifield on sunny afternoon, lets just hope the team plays great wearing them

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Yeah, I'm totally fine with this being worn only with the blue alternates. I think the regular hats would've just been too much blue with what they've got going with the jerseys. I think they look good, too. Not as good as the iconic regular hats, but good looking on its own.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

i love that cap as well, i always had a feeling if they went with a blue jersey, that was the cap they were going with. i dont mind the white outline, and i like the orange bill, it balances the level of blue out so there isnt too much. besides, these will look great in citifield on sunny afternoon, lets just hope the team plays great wearing them

So there's not too much blue? They're a blue team with orange as a secondary. The solid blue cap looked absolutely gorgeous with the Los Mets jerseys the alts were modeled after. Coupled with any player who wears the high blue socks and its perfect. The orange billed caps make it seem like some high school/collegiate/minor league look. The solid orange logo on all-blue looks like the Mets.

So there's not too much blue? They're a blue team with orange as a secondary. The solid blue cap looked absolutely gorgeous with the Los Mets jerseys the alts were modeled after. Coupled with any player who wears the high blue socks and its perfect. The orange billed caps make it seem like some high school/collegiate/minor league look. The solid orange logo on all-blue looks like the Mets.

Agreed.

When you have a truly iconic cap, you don't need an alternate (I might even suggest that's the very definition of "truly iconic cap").

The Mets' blue cap qualifies as much as anything used in the Bigs today. A cap that good deserves to be on the field 162 games a year, not sidelined for the latest cynical plea for merchandise sales.

That hat is horrible- for that they should have just kept a orange bill and no white outline.

I prefer they would have kept the black/blue alternate cap if they were to go to this. Even if it doesn't match a darn thing.

The all blue hat would have looked beautiful with that jersey if they choose to go that route.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Along with the alt cap being crappy and unccessary, this will in all likelihood give us another instance of a team with mismatched caps and batting helmets. I doubt the Mets will pop for the extra set of batting helmets to be worn with those caps, so when the Mets wear them, you will only be able to tell in the top half of innings. Two different looks depending on if the team is batting or pitching. That's sloppy and inexcusable. Batting helmets are supposed to be nothing more than protective hats. They should look identical to the hats, and if the teams don't want to pay for extra helmets, they shouldn't wear alternate hats.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived