2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

The Yellow Billed Pirates hat looks so much better then the Mets version, and the Mustard Gold Pirates hat is easily one of my favorite hats right now. I had the chance to buy a authentic from Lids for $6 a few months back when they were clearanced out and discounted further. Glad they revived it for a permanent alternate.

Now if only I can find the Brooklyn Dodgers A/C cap.

Anyone who's seen the BP caps, are they the same material as the game caps and can you say without specifics how many teams went with a different colored cap (Example: Navy Angels cap) and how many actually look bad of the 30 teams?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the MLB.com article: The Pirates also introduced, in conjunction with Major League Baseball, a new Pirates Batting Practice Cap. The cap is black with a gold bill and the Pirates “P” on the front in gold. The new cap, which was developed by New Era, is lighter in weight and more breathable with a structured high crown cap.

Too bad it doesn't say anything more about the material. I'm still very surprised they didn't release these for the holiday spending season.

hmm same style as the Mets new alt cap, alternate colored bill with white outlined logo.

Perhaps that's how the BP caps will be styled?

No - some of them will be somewhat surprising.

(That's all I'll say.)

Are they the same material as the current game caps?

And does this mean we'll be getting the All Star BP caps in 59Fifty as well?! :jawdrop:

Not at all. Brand spankin' new construction.

Cards.png

121412-pirates-bp-hat-630.jpg

I'm not a Pirates fan but I own three different Pirates caps and adding to their new alts and these BP ones, I might be adding two more. I really like it and it's nice to see that the gold brim balances well with the logo

EDIT: A's promotional schedule is out http://oakland.athle...ns.jsp?c_id=oak

On July 27, they're going with 1969 throwbacks

al_1969_oakland.gif

And since April 27 will honor the 1973 team, they might wear throwbacks from that era too. There are a lot of options for them

al_1973_oakland.gif

Go A's!

As per ColorWerx's comment on the new BP caps, I can 100% confirm that they are surprising. Maybe Definitely too surprising for my liking.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I'm not a Pirates fan but I own three different Pirates caps and adding to their new alts and these BP ones, I might be adding two more. I really like it and it's nice to see that the gold brim balances well with the logo

And since April 27 will honor the 1973 team, they might wear throwbacks from that era too. There are a lot of options for them

al_1973_oakland.gif

I hope they break out the yellow with green A jersey again, I've been tryign to hunt a size 48 or 50 down since 2007.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

al_1969_oakland.gif

al_1973_oakland.gif

Let's hope they break out the correct coaches cap for each era.

al_1969_oakland.gif

al_1973_oakland.gif

Let's hope they break out the correct coaches cap for each era.

They've done it right before, so I expect them to keep it that way

Go A's!

That white bordered P might be the most unnecessary alt logo in recent memory, though the Mets outlined NY is a close second.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That white bordered P might be the most unnecessary alt logo in recent memory, though the Mets outlined NY is a close second.

Couldn't agree more.

Seconded, although the yellow bill on the BP makes it a tad better.

If it's any indication as to when this year's model might be unveiled, does anyone recall around what time of year the last batches of BP caps were revealed/made available?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I get that the alternate P matches the alternate jersey, but they should have just made that a plain yellow P with no outline instead of adding an unnecessary hat. It's not like gold on black is hard to see or anything. I really like the gold billed hats and I'm fine with having the white outline on those if it matches the BP jerseys.

I'm actually a fan of the Mets alternate hat. Since they decided to go with an orange bill (which I like) it doesn't bother me that they added an outline to the logo to match the jerseys. I just hope they don't wear that with the road alts because it would defeat the purpose of having gray lettering. I don't think they'll do that though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

First, we learn that the Astros orange caps will return, and now that the Pirates mustard yellow caps will return, and I am ecstatic about both! There truly is a Santa Claus!

On the other hand, I have been sporting these two caps for years and liked being unique and getting comments from people who remembered and appreciated them. I haven't seen anyone else in my area of the country wearing them. Now I'll look like just another person wearing whatever is current. :rolleyes:

On 12/15/2012 at 2:21 PM, phutmasterflex said:

Pardon my ignorance, but that graphic almost looks like the "apostrophe s" on the jersey has tape over it. Is there a story there?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived