2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Roman - can you keep the first post updated with separate sections for confirmations and legitimate speculations?

So far (I know I've missed a few):

Confirmed:

Rays are bringing back a previously used cap from their past.

Cardinals dropping the navy cap (not sure this was absolutely 100% confirmed, but reading between the lines suggests that's the case)

Nationals are adding a new cap

Astros complete overhaul

Mets dropping black jerseys / caps, adding blue alt

White Sox new cap (possible new throwback as well)

Legit Speculation:

White Sox throwback

I'm sure I missed a couple.

White Sox Throwback cap should be in the first category.

I don't see Reds on there.

Reds, eh?

This is my favorite thread, every year. I love how you guys dangle little bits, and then let everyone run wild with it. I look forward to these threads almost as much as I do to seeing the actual new uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Wishlist ... :

Chicago Cubs & White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers: Eliminate names on back of home unis.

Miami: Make use of the orange cap and reduce the frequency of the black alternate by a smidgen.

Milwaukee: Add "Milwaukee" back to the grey road unis.

Seattle: Return the teal cap full time.

Tampa Bay: Add an navy alternate with a light blue bill.

Texas: Reintroduce team name to home uniforms and eliminate the red-blue scheme.

Just out of curiosity, do you feel the same about the Reds' mascots? Mr. Met?

Mr. Met doesn't appear anywhere on the Mets' uniforms, so for me, he doesn't apply.

As far as the Reds' mascots, no I don't feel the same. They're gimmicky, sure (but not too gimmicky), but I'm fine with some goofy mascot logo, provided it isn't lame like that swinging keg thing.

Mr. Met was on the dugout jacket (is that the right term?) this year, not sure if that counts. But I'd love a Mr. Met sleeve patch.

Roman - can you keep the first post updated with separate sections for confirmations and legitimate speculations?

So far (I know I've missed a few):

Confirmed:

Rays are bringing back a previously used cap from their past.

Cardinals dropping the navy cap (not sure this was absolutely 100% confirmed, but reading between the lines suggests that's the case)

Nationals are adding a new cap

Astros complete overhaul

Mets dropping black jerseys / caps, adding blue alt

White Sox new cap (possible new throwback as well)

Legit Speculation:

White Sox throwback

I'm sure I missed a couple.

White Sox Throwback cap should be in the first category.

I don't see Reds on there.

Reds, eh?

This is my favorite thread, every year. I love how you guys dangle little bits, and then let everyone run wild with it. I look forward to these threads almost as much as I do to seeing the actual new uniforms.

I like it just as much as you. I love what Toronto and Balitmore did this year, Houston is just as clean and simple. Great job in my opinion.

Mr. Met doesn't appear anywhere on the Mets' uniforms, so for me, he doesn't apply.

As far as the Reds' mascots, no I don't feel the same. They're gimmicky, sure (but not too gimmicky), but I'm fine with some goofy mascot logo, provided it isn't lame like that swinging keg thing.

Mr. Met has been on jacket sleeves. I'd be thrilled if the Brewers did even that.

Hmm. What would you say is the difference between the Beer Barrel Man and any of the Mr. Red/Redlegs characters?

Not trying to be a smart-aleck, I'm really interested in the distinctions you're making.

I'm looking at a new Nats cap right now.

I'm going to assume it's a throwback or a BP, because it ain't on the style guide. All the other changes (minus 1/2) I can confirm, including the Rays' old/new cap. PM maybe?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Mr. Met has been on jacket sleeves. I'd be thrilled if the Brewers did even that.

Hmm. What would you say is the difference between the Beer Barrel Man and any of the Mr. Red/Redlegs characters?

Not trying to be a smart-aleck, I'm really interested in the distinctions you're making.

large_parnell_display_image.jpg?1338659061

They had Mr. Met on the sleeves of this fauxback. You can sort of see him on the right sleeve.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I don't mind Mr. Met because he is not featured on the sleeve of any jersey or on any uniform at all.

Beer Barrel Man seems like some goofy aborted Sesame Street character that the soda jerk would use at Hooper's, if they even had soda jerks. A keg thing swinging a bat is so minor league.

I don't view Redlegs as being as gimmicky as Beer Barrel Man, so I don't mind it as much (or if any at all, in fact Redlegs is so irrelevant to me, I've never really had an opinion on the sleeve patch, one way or the other).

Edit: My opinion on Redlegs may or may not change over time (for better or worse), but I'm steadfast in my views on Beer Barrel Man and that won't change.

Edit no. 2: Beer Barrel Man could work as a minor league logo; it's awful as a major league logo.

This post will be updated to include new changes as we find out about them,

Confirmed changes

The White Sox are getting a new alternate cap (possibly a throwback)

Rumors

White Sox will possibly wear the 1983 throwbacks again

Based on how the White Sox screwed up their '72 era cap this year, this is what I expect for their '83 era cap

Sox.jpg

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

A poster - an MLB employee - on the New Era forum confirmed a change in BP caps for all teams in 2013, including some combination of 3930s and 5950s.

Can you link us over to the post?

Can any once confirm a new patch for the Miami Marlins?

Marlins.png

Is this legit? Can anyone confirm? That's one ugly logo, but it looks like we'd be getting a throwback jersey next year with that.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived