2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

It looks too crappy not be genuine.

LOL. agreed.

that is stupidly similar to the Rays sunburst, though.

$%28KGrHqZ,!iwE8MqY1R5OBPEC9th+cw~~60_35.JPG

maybe it's saying "since the Rays came here we felt like we really had to change our name from Florida to Miami"

I dunno. real head scratcher there.

that "20" is crooked as :censored:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't the presence of another Florida team that caused the Marlins to change their name (when they first announced it we all pretty much knew that they wouldn't have Florida to themselves for long). They essentially sold the naming rights to Miami in exchange for stadium funding.

Can any once confirm a new patch for the Miami Marlins?

Marlins.png

Loria getting married? What's with the rings at the bottom?

It wasn't the presence of another Florida team that caused the Marlins to change their name (when they first announced it we all pretty much knew that they wouldn't have Florida to themselves for long). They essentially sold the naming rights to Miami in exchange for stadium funding.

Can any once confirm a new patch for the Miami Marlins?

Marlins.png

Loria getting married? What's with the rings at the bottom?

Just figured it out: they're the two WS rings. And when I said, "This patch is almost as tacky as the home run thingamawhatsit," I meant no disrespect to Patchez.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

that is stupidly similar to the Rays sunburst, though.

$%28KGrHqZ,!iwE8MqY1R5OBPEC9th+cw~~60_35.JPG

Aww c'mon man! I actually like the sunburst logo (see favourite logos below avatar).

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

A poster - an MLB employee - on the New Era forum confirmed a change in BP caps for all teams in 2013, including some combination of 3930s and 5950s.

Yes thats correct the players want a fitted cap not a flex fit

No guesses on the Reds change yet?

I've seen the Reds changes and I absolutely hate them -- in my opinion, clearly the worst move of the off-season (out of what I've been shown)

Back to black (and red)? That's something that I would hate to see.

I've seen the Reds changes and I absolutely hate them -- in my opinion, clearly the worst move of the off-season (out of what I've been shown)

OH NO

PvO6ZWJ.png

A poster - an MLB employee - on the New Era forum confirmed a change in BP caps for all teams in 2013, including some combination of 3930s and 5950s.

Yes thats correct the players want a fitted cap not a flex fit

tumblr_m287ikUgol1qan6q4.gif

Good riddance to the ugly overpiped 3930's! Hopefully the teams get creative with the new BP 5950's like they did with the old ones.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This really scares me. I hoped maybe they'd go back to the Big Red Machine minimalism (especially love the gray roadies of which I picked up a MItchell & Ness 76 Concepcion this summer at TJ Maxx), but this makes me think they'll put the cursive "Reds" on the chest, the one they've put behind home plate and use on BPs, then add some extra black, or add the Mr. Redlegs pillbox hat, or bring back the vests and pinstripes, or add a few more layers of shadowing on the numbers, or, or, or...just stop it! The Reds should be one of the traditionally dressed teams if they want to trumpet their long history loosely associated with the original Red Stockings. What. Are. They. Doing?

Do any teams' alternate jerseys have the city name, rather than the team name? I thought it would be cool if the Orioles put "Baltimore" on their black alternate. That way you've got 2 "Orioles" and 2 "Baltimore" jerseys.

11-24.Twins.AltJersey*280.jpg?v=1

2010_BrewersMilwaukeeAlt.jpg

Yet not on the actual grey Alt. Better be coming this offseason

The Red Sox, Rangers, Braves, Marlins, and Rockies also have alternates with location name rather than team name.

The Mariners have (seldom used) dark blue alt they only wear on the road with "Seattle" written across the front.

Archived