2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am hoping the rest of Cardinal Nation has good taste.

So you're hoping for taste from Missouri. k

Don't be like that. I don't live in Missouri I'm from central Illinois and there are quite a few Cardinal fans around. There are Cardinal fans all over the country and you know that just as well as I do. You just couldn't keep yourself from making some smarta** comment just for the sake of doing so. If that's all you can come up with to post, don't post anything at all. k

Lighten up. I'm from central Illinois and. I'd make the same comment about there and Missouri.

Generally, the populous has pretty bad taste no matter where you go. Nobody is safe, east coast, Florida, California. It's regionalized for sure. Midwest is a Ugly tshirt, Camo hat, jean shorts kinda bad. Maybe not you, maybe not who you hang with but overall, yeah it's there.

It's not really about region, it's about metropolis versus rural from my experience. That's a bit over simplified, but still mostly true IMO. And especially true for the generations that make up the current under 40 crowd.

Nonetheless, harmless, snide remarks are what admiral does. But he mixes in plenty of intelligent discussion too. Nothing to get worked up about.

I understand that. I know he does and I took it personally when I probably shouldn't have. The Cardinals mean a lot to me and I overreacted on the spur of the moment. I'm over it, no hard feelings on my end.

This Mother's Day, all of MLB will be using a pink ball:

BGTzsS3CIAMC5dl.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Nice new hat, Malibu Stacy.

Sorry, guys, I'm just acting out because I was hoping that the Cardinals would stick with red hats home and away. :( Missouri has good food and beautiful scenery and I miss it from time to time when I get tired of running on flat terrain and stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The thing I don't like about the road caps is that there's barely any blue in the rest of the uniform. It sticks out way too much. Ideally, I would like to see a navy road cap with a red bill, like the BP hat but with a white outline to the StL.

My feelings exactly, but I don't want to see the Cardinals in a two-tone cap. I was excited to see them back in all red, all the time, so this is very disappointing.

When the Cardinals first wore the blue hats in the 90s, I liked them more than the red ones. But I guess I grew tired of it since a few years later when I saw them in the red caps during Spring Training I thought the red looked better with the road grays. If they did retire the blue caps, I'd probably miss them in a few years.

The thing I don't like about the road caps is that there's barely any blue in the rest of the uniform. It sticks out way too much. Ideally, I would like to see a navy road cap with a red bill, like the BP hat but with a white outline to the StL.

My feelings exactly, but I don't want to see the Cardinals in a two-tone cap. I was excited to see them back in all red, all the time, so this is very disappointing.

Majority of Cardinals fans prefer the navy on the road. It's been that way for 20 years and it actually has a longer history than the red cap. Hell they're honoring Musial this year and he never wore the red cap.

Besides, the road cap looks no different than the Red Sox cap with the homes or previous roads that everyone preferred. Red lettering/numerals trimmed in navy. Enough navy plus the red letters on the cap match to the red letters on the jerseys.

I'm liking that Nationals cap. Hopefully they'll wear it with the red jersey on the road as well, because their red jersey with a blue cap just looked really unbalanced. Actually, I wouldn't mind if that became the new full-time road cap for the Nats. The blue crown seems unnecessary.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived