2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

They look fine in red, but that blue cap was beautiful. Literally my favorite cap ever. If it's gone, that's too bad.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the Cardinals in red caps on the road. The navy caps gave them just enough navy to where you could without any doubt, say that they were a red and navy team. Now they appear to be a red team.

What's the best way to wash a COOLBASE authentic?

I throw mine in a washer by itself on cold (don't know if that matters, just a precaution) then I hang dry it.

No problems with the embroidery getting ripped? Would two in a washer be okay?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

bring this back in some capacity Boston!

fred-lynn.jpg

i think it would look great at home. no team in the ALE wears red

The Red Sox wearing red is a totally stupid notion, and you're foolish for even suggesting it. NAVY is the way to go, and only navy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

bring this back in some capacity Boston!

fred-lynn.jpg

i think it would look great at home. no team in the ALE wears red

The Red Sox wearing red is a totally stupid notion, and you're foolish for even suggesting it. NAVY is the way to go, and only navy.

And there's the reason I don't understand why some are against the navy caps for the Cardinals but not the Red Sox? Their navy caps and home jerseys and previous roads all had the same navy cap/red logo over a jersey with red lettering trimmed in navy. The red piping even far them more red. And it looks better. Just like it does for the Cards on the road.

What's the best way to wash a COOLBASE authentic?

I throw mine in a washer by itself on cold (don't know if that matters, just a precaution) then I hang dry it.

No problems with the embroidery getting ripped? Would two in a washer be okay?

I wash mine in cold water and use regular detergent. Just don't use bleach.

I love the Cardinals wearing red on the road, but that's what I grew up with, so there's the nostalgia factor. And I'm a Cubs fan, so who cares, right? However, I can appreciate that the nostalgia factor might be even greater for the navy caps, especially now that they've tacked on 20 years of road use to appeal to a whole new generation.

That's why I believe they should wear the navy cap as their new Sunday cap and ditch the bird hat completely if they haven't already. (BP?) If that won't work, they should wear the navy with their new cream alts. I think that could be a nice solution to get them out of the PR mess of the rigged vote. In a way they'd get an even higher profile, at least for the home fans. Plus, the less white a cap intended for a cream uni has, the better IMO (pet peeve).

The red caps caught me off guard a bit, but having been born in the mid 70's, the all red cardinals were what I grew up with, so it brought back some nostalgia for me from '82 and '85. I was half expecting to see Willie McGee out there.

I'm one of the few (apparently) who LOVED the change to full-time red caps for the Cardinals. I've been hoping they'd do that for years. The red really pops with the grey uniforms, especially in person. As someone who grew up idolizing the Cardinal teams of the 1980's, the red cap IS the Cardinals. I do get the nod to the past with the blue, though.

And the old sunday hat with the bird on the bat? That was always one of my least favorite caps in the league. The Cardinals are 11-time World Series Champions, and one of the most storied/winning franchises in professional sports. There's no need to cheapen the identity like some of the teams who have 17 jersey/cap combinations.

Archived