2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

But now you get the '47 logo on the left side of the cap, New Era-style.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

47 Brand has redesigned their Franchise cap. The new sticker reads "The same great fit you know and love, redesigned with richer colors, bolder logos, and our new favorite fabric."

IMG_20130219_174640_998_zps8ec77aaf.jpg

So you're saying I should go stock up on the old style? I don't want to get burned like I did with the new 59fifty.

Anubis.png

47 Brand has redesigned their Franchise cap. The new sticker reads "The same great fit you know and love, redesigned with richer colors, bolder logos, and our new favorite fabric."

IMG_20130219_174640_998_zps8ec77aaf.jpg

So you're saying I should go stock up on the old style? I don't want to get burned like I did with the new 59fifty.

I actually got a new Orioles Franchise cap for Christmas, and I really like it. The black is darker, the orange is brighter, and it fits great. I don't mind the '47 logo creep, it's a good product by a company I'm happy to patronize, so a little branding doesn't bother me.

Grunge-Logos.png

Does this mean that their hats won't be so quick to fade?

I love their product (when it comes to hats, I own 9 or 10. Not a big fan of their clothes) because they fit great and they look good, but I don't like how easily they fade. I have a Cincinnati Bengals 47 Brand hat that I bought last September. It's beginning to become a grayish brown shade of black.

Also, I'm typing this while wearing a "navy" Columbus Blue Jackets 47 Brand hat. Now that I look at the side by side of the Yankees hats it's much closer to the gray color and now it bugs me.

I just bought a new Reds hat and ripped out the 47 Brand logo on the side with no problem. I'm not really that bothered by it, but none of my other hats had it. OCD, ya know?!

PvO6ZWJ.png

tumblr_mi2om1x7Tf1qh1j8eo1_500.jpg

Let's go Canada?

tumblr_mi2ouijTp81qdme55o1_500.jpg

This hat is ridiculous. They are the BLUE JAYS. They are not the maple leafs or Team Canada.

Apparently the leaf logo was MLB's idea, not the Jays'. Hence the logo on the back. The Jays wanted their mark somewhere on the cap.

The article Lukas linked to today says the Jays are planning on wearing the BP for real games on Canada Day, Canadian Baseball Day, and maybe a few other times.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They were so insistant of staying with the template of using Team name wordmarks rather than City names or logos, that they used the very rarely used team name wordmarks of the Nationals, Tigers White Sox and Cubs. and I assume when we see it the Rangers will be the same situation (not even sure the Rangers have an active team name wordmark) Also, a bad choice to use the Orioles "O's" instead of the birdhead on the side. And, speaking of the side, some really unnessasary outlines around those logos.

Btw - I usually am not one that screams how many navy and red teams there are in MLB because to me they all pretty much make sense.. I can never think of a team that should change colors... but having said that -- the Nationals, Cardinals, Twins, Indians, and Red Sox hats look cringeworthy alike. I assume the Braves will too. Btw again, where are the Braves and Rangers?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived