2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear rumors that the cardinals are doing an ivory St. Louis alternate jersey and that the birds on the bat are going to be moved slightly on all the jerseys. I'll will find out more details when I see the majestic line for next year tomorrow. Still don't really believe it.

You can take that out of the rumor category. "Aged Color" St. Louis Alternate is happening. It looks very nice. Hard for me to tell if the birds were moved, but I can see that being the case. I would have to compare. There is an indication that there was a "change" on the caps as well, but tough for me to see a difference?

I hear rumors that the cardinals are doing an ivory St. Louis alternate jersey and that the birds on the bat are going to be moved slightly on all the jerseys. I'll will find out more details when I see the majestic line for next year tomorrow. Still don't really believe it.

You can take that out of the rumor category. "Aged Color" St. Louis Alternate is happening. It looks very nice. Hard for me to tell if the birds were moved, but I can see that being the case. I would have to compare. There is an indication that there was a "change" on the caps as well, but tough for me to see a difference?

The birds are being moved slightly on the replicas. So the birds are on the new one? I was on the understanding that the birds are not on them, but I have not seen them.

I remember seeing a concept somewhere from one of those MVP Baseball video game mods of the road grays saying "St. Louis" on the front in the same script as the current wordmark. It looks perfect, and if this change needs to be implemented via an alternate first, then so be it. Despite their beautiful classic motif, I think the Cards need the road script change every bit as badly as the Brewers do.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I remember seeing a concept somewhere from one of those MVP Baseball video game mods of the road grays saying "St. Louis" on the front in the same script as the current wordmark. It looks perfect, and if this change needs to be implemented via an alternate first, then so be it. Despite their beautiful classic motif, I think the Cards need the road script change every bit as badly as the Brewers do.

As long as they can make it work perfectly, and I say perfectly because this is the best uniforms in baseball, with the birds in the bat, then yes, absolutely. However, if it doesn't, the BotB take precedence over "St. Louis" and I'd rather they continue with the current roads then has it simply say St. Louis with no birds on the bat.

As a Bears and Cardinals fan I rarely need to worry about uniforms. Now I'm nervous...

If this is all true, sucks you can't say they are only 1 of a handful of teams that never had an non-throwback alternate (Unless you count wearing the BP jerseys once back in the 90s)

So like this?

kaNMK.jpg

From the MLB Civil Rights game a few years ago...

If I'm reading these rumors right, it should be a cream version of this:

3317220842_04ef5f0efd.jpg

Somewhat, only I'm sure the script will be better placed. That may be what they mean by the birds on the bat slightly moved, because "St. Louis" doesn't line up the same as "Cardinals" and either the size of the script or placement of the BotB will have to e slightly altered. Plus, not sure if there'd be throwback piping or not. If so, on a throwbackesque alt that'd be fine, but not on the primaries.

T'was mine. Photobucket is blocked here at work, so I can't post it now. I posted it earlier in this thread, though.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I actually agree with McCall on this one. The Cardinals home uniform (and the Dodgers home uniform) are the greatest examples of strength through simplicity. No extraneous piping, no clutter, just pure baseball. Also, for some reason, both examples seem to bring out the white on the uniform. Then the retro-vintage invasion barged on in (I'm looking at you Braves). The fact that St. Louis is going down the same route is a shame. I'll hold judgement on the actual uniform until I see it, but I don't like the idea.

Now here's where I disagree. I can't wait to see the red cap with the road uniform (whatever it may be). The blue cap had a lot of history behind it, but the red cap is the much stronger option in my opinion. Besides, having no alternates (even though they're getting one *sadface), one cap for home and road, and similar aesthetic principles on both the home and road jerseys creates consistency and would only strengthen their set. The only other change I'd make for St. Louis (other than the red cap on the road) is putting St. Louis on the road. Granted, it would be a formidable task, but if they somehow pulled it off, it would make an already top 3 uniform set a top 2.

In asking around re: the Rays new hat, most people who would be in the know (key beat writers, bloggers, etc) had no idea they were getting a new official hat. Any word on this? Is it simply something that is going to slip under the radar? It would seem strange to make a formal announcement of simply a new hat - and by that same token, it is strange that the people that would be the best way to get the news out there (and thus increase interest and sales) are completely unaware that it is even a possibility.

So like this?

kaNMK.jpg

Somewhat, only I'm sure the script will be better placed. That may be what they mean by the birds on the bat slightly moved, because "St. Louis" doesn't line up the same as "Cardinals" and either the size of the script or placement of the BotB will have to e slightly altered. Plus, not sure if there'd be throwback piping or not. If so, on a throwbackesque alt that'd be fine, but not on the primaries.

I think it's going to be more like the civil rights jersey, No BotB, No piping.

The birds are being moved slightly on the replicas. So the birds are on the new one? I was on the understanding that the birds are not on them, but I have not seen them.

There are birds on the new one.

So like this?

Yes but you're missing the element that McCall mentioned.

In asking around re: the Rays new hat, most people who would be in the know (key beat writers, bloggers, etc) had no idea they were getting a new official hat. Any word on this? Is it simply something that is going to slip under the radar? It would seem strange to make a formal announcement of simply a new hat - and by that same token, it is strange that the people that would be the best way to get the news out there (and thus increase interest and sales) are completely unaware that it is even a possibility.

As I said previously, it's not "new", you've seen it before, but it is being worn as a secondary alt along with a uniform you've seen before.

As I said previously, it's not "new", you've seen it before, but it is being worn as a secondary alt along with a uniform you've seen before.

Wait, it's worn with a uniform we've seen before? Meaning they are adding an alterante uniform, too? I guess that confirms it's the fauxback set from last year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wait, it's worn with a uniform we've seen before? Meaning they are adding an alterante uniform, too? I guess that confirms it's the fauxback set from last year.

Please God no. Those were fun as one-offs but would be terrible as regular alts. I'm hoping for the plaid-billed cap. But I'm curious about the jersey that it will be paired with...

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived