2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DaNmBh5.png

Did a vector of the Dolphins logo based on the leak... (The sun will probably be different though. I used the sun from the old leaked version, which I prefer)

I'll be honest. When I first saw the twitter leak I didn't like it at all. But looking at full logo by itself, I kind of like it. I'm still reserving full judgement till I see the jersey though. Because that twitter leak didn't look as aqua as the Csonka shirt previously posted on this thread or the early Marino jersey posted even earlier.

DaNmBh5.png

Did a vector of the Dolphins logo based on the leak... (The sun will probably be different though. I used the sun from the old leaked version, which I prefer)

I'll be honest. When I first saw the twitter leak I didn't like it at all. But looking at full logo by itself, I kind of like it. I'm still reserving full judgement till I see the jersey though. Because that twitter leak didn't look as aqua as the Csonka shirt previously posted on this thread or the early Marino jersey posted even earlier.

I'm tellin' ya, this may be one of those times where everyone hates something all at once, but when the final product is fully revealed, it becomes one of the best all time changes.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Hope you don't mind Skape, I had to fix the orange and was curious to see what it looked like a little more horizontal (like it looks in the Jersey photos) Also the sun appears to have no breaks in it as well, so did that too.

sK6LY42.png

Also, the more I look at that Jags uniform, the more I am seeing gold chrome in both the border of the badge and the logo in the badge...

ryqpEfK.jpg

Blue one looks like UCLA at first glance. It'll be interesting to see how the real thing compares to what we've all come to think it looks like (whatever that might be for each person).

The whole shield and slogan thing posted here recently does have an "Army Strong" feel to it. I know Jacksonville is a big military town and I suppose that's the tie-in but for a team named Jaguars it feels like a stretch. I also don't think the unis need to look strictly Jaguarish but if the leaked pic of the upper jersey was real, I don't get the design and fear it's another deal like the Denver switch where they just slap random design elements on the uniform. CFSC if you will (Change For the Sake of Change).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Blue one looks like UCLA at first glance. It'll be interesting to see how the real thing compares to what we've all come to think it looks like (whatever that might be for each person).

The whole shield and slogan thing posted here recently does have an "Army Strong" feel to it. I know Jacksonville is a big military town and I suppose that's the tie-in but for a team named Jaguars it feels like a stretch. I also don't think the unis need to look strictly Jaguarish but if the leaked pic of the upper jersey was real, I don't get the design and fear it's another deal like the Denver switch where they just slap zrandom design elements on the uniform. CFSC if you will (Change For the Sake of Change).

Actually, you're pretty right as far as "Change For The Sake Of Change" goes, considering most find the Jag's current set to be mondo-nasty and would welcome any sort of change at this point. I just hope they don't go overboard with the seems-arbitrary-and-unnecessary-at-first-glance stripe deal.

As long as we're assuming that the grey pads could be placeholders for some Oregon-style faux-chrome or color-changing whatzits, has anyone else considered that there could be some sort of faint, light-dependent jaguar spot design in the fabric that flashes in and out view depending on viewing angle and light source? I'd welcome that, considering it would put a little "Jaguar" into a set that otherwise seems to have no tie to the team identity. DFSD, it seems (Design For The Sake Of Design)

There's a concept forum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

DaNmBh5.png

ryqpEfK.jpg

Look at how thin the darker blue is following the fin, Yours is thicker. Also, I know we haven't seen the tail but just looking at the proportions I suspect that the tail will be shorter than you have it (balancing out the logo).

Still prefer the old Dolphins logo. It's better than the original leak, but the uniqueness and the trademark style of all their logos throughout their history is gone.

And now it looks like the Seahawks logo morphed into a Dolphin.

The whole shield and slogan thing posted here recently does have an "Army Strong" feel to it. I know Jacksonville is a big military town and I suppose that's the tie-in but for a team named Jaguars it feels like a stretch.

Well, it is more for the Jacksonville part than the Jaguars part. NE Florida and SE Georgia does have military coming out the ass. It is also a little more than that. Jax is full of the "THEY TERK ER JERBS!"/'Murica! types. A lot are going to feed off of that. So the Jags hope. A lot of people here wear camo for fashion reasons. The necks here are a bit more redder than others.

I don't think the logo is very straight due to the angle in relation to the Nike logo.

The shirt sleeve is bent though. It looks like the left side of the shirt would come down some, which might make the logo more horizontal.

On the plus side, going with the military theme (I think) makes it pretty unlikely that they'll have a super gaudy chrome gold helmet. I'd bet on matte, though. Somehow the combination of the black and gray on the jersey makes me feel like the matte will fit better than I thought it would before.

I really hate nicknames or shortened names on uniforms. Let the terms evolve organically, but represent yourself with your formal name. I like the shield, but maybe they could have fit JAGUARS in there and still made it look ok in embroidered form. Also, it makes me think of a shortened form of the slang term "jagoff", which I never used but was widely used where I went to college in western PA. "Sig Ep? What a bunch of jags!"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really hate nicknames or shortened names on uniforms. Let the terms evolve organically, but represent yourself with your formal name. I like the shield, but maybe they could have fit JAGUARS in there and still made it look ok in embroidered form. Also, it makes me think of a shortened form of the slang term "jagoff", which I never used but was widely used where I went to college in western PA. "Sig Ep? What a bunch of jags!"

I have never associated Jags with jagoff.

Plus, the Jaguars have always been called Jags for short. It's not the best but with a team that's not even 20 years old with not much history, why not? That's the whole point of a rebrand like this, going for something different. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, the shield fades away maybe

Go A's!

I have never associated Jags with jagoff.

Plus, the Jaguars have always been called Jags for short. It's not the best but with a team that's not even 20 years old with not much history, why not? That's the whole point of a rebrand like this, going for something different. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, the shield fades away maybe

That's because you're not from Pittsburgh.

I agree with BBTV and it's why I hate the Tampa Bay Lightning putting "Bolts" on their alternate uniforms. Let the fans and announcers call you by a nickname, but when it comes to your official team uniform, you should use your official team name.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived