2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I was talking directly to mbannon, Dingus. That reply was for his smart response that didn't actually have an answer in it. Probably why I quoted him only and didn't ask anyone else to please respond after.

Oh, okay, so you were just trying to stir something up with mbannon, got it. You seem to take things personally.

You are the one in front of the stirring pot. Why did you even chime in to begin with? Funny, I become an :censored: simply because I disagree with something and tried to play message board. I dont get it.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't want to get too into this, but here it goes.

It is entirely, and likely, possible that mbannon misinterpreted your question, "who says the jaguars can't wear the patch" (I'm paraphrasing) as being figurative, not literal. I'll bet that he wasn't being "smart" at all, rather, was being completely serious. The fact is, it's a common mistake. Someone gave the literal response to your question too, so I found your reaction to be warrantless, that's all.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I love how some people are critical of a design decision made by a professional sports team, and some fans of said team take it all personally like you insulted their mothers or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love how some people are critical of a design decision made by a professional sports team, and some fans of said team take it all personally like you insulted their mothers or something.

I see what you are saying. I do have a somewhat related question for you and Cap. Just to learn about myself and the way I come across on the internet. Did I come across as taking it personally because I was trying to discuss my POV on the Jags shield? If yes, what post of mine gave you that feel?

The thing that bothers me about the Dolphins "leak" photo is not the logo, which I think is fine, but the fact that it appears to be on the jersey. I just don't understand the logic to putting a logo on a sleeve or shoulder when the same logo is less than a foot away on the helmet....use the damn sleeves for stripes!

I was being a bit sarcastic, of course I know the reason the logo is on the jersey...marketing.

The thing that bothers me about the Dolphins "leak" photo is not the logo, which I think is fine, but the fact that it appears to be on the jersey. I just don't understand the logic to putting a logo on a sleeve or shoulder when the same logo is less than a foot away on the helmet....use the damn sleeves for stripes!

I was being a bit sarcastic, of course I know the reason the logo is on the jersey...marketing.

I agree and that's one of my complaints about the Saints' unis...FDLs on the helmet, jersey, and pants? Way overdone.

Going back to the Jags discussion, the exception I'd grant is to super long names like Knickerbockers or SuperSonics where it just makes sense to shorten them. Jaguars to Jags? Not so much, especially considering the other meanings associated with the word jag.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I see what you are saying. I do have a somewhat related question for you and Cap. Just to learn about myself and the way I come across on the internet. Did I come across as taking it personally because I was trying to discuss my POV on the Jags shield? If yes, what post of mine gave you that feel?

In short, yes and all of them.

There's a difference in simply having and opinion and having an opinion that you're so personally invested in that it comes off as whiney any time you try and defend it. It's ok to be firm in your beliefs but you've shown an almost disdain for hearing other peoples side on this and it seems (at least to me) that you're willing to blindly support anything the Jaguars have done in their rebranding just because you're a fan of the team. But you have to at least admit it was dumb of them to center around one design element that they cant even wear when they play in their "second home". I understand where you're coming from on some of your points but when you say things like "They are the Jags to a local. And who gives a crap if you make a little insult out the name. So what?" then you start to lose scope in your opinions. Couple that with calling someone a dingus and it just really starts to become grating to read your posts after a while, whether your arguments have any validity or not.

I really don't want to get too into this, but here it goes.

It is entirely, and likely, possible that mbannon misinterpreted your question, "who says the jaguars can't wear the patch" (I'm paraphrasing) as being figurative, not literal. I'll bet that he wasn't being "smart" at all, rather, was being completely serious. The fact is, it's a common mistake. Someone gave the literal response to your question too, so I found your reaction to be warrantless, that's all.

This.

Living in the outskirts of the Jacksonville market and making a trip to the city about once a month I'd like to point out that alot of people already called them the Jags before the shield was introduced so I have no problem with it or the Jags nickname. Case study: today at lunch with my GF ( who went to JU) a guy walked in with a Jacksonville hat on and she said "Hey look! He's got a Jags hat on!!!" If the locals and the fans use the name and appreciate it, I feel there is no reason the club shouldn't adopt it in an official manner such as the shield.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Haha I left this morning and came back to three new pages and thought there was a leak or something!

Anyways, thanks Lafarge for clearing up the JAG thing. I just remembered it had something to do with military because it was a show my parents used to watch back in the day, had no idea it was about the legal side of it.

So we have a date on the Dolphins unveiling... does anyone know when the Jaguars unveiling will be?

Haha I left this morning and came back to three new pages and thought there was a leak or something!

Anyways, thanks Lafarge for clearing up the JAG thing. I just remembered it had something to do with military because it was a show my parents used to watch back in the day, had no idea it was about the legal side of it.

So we have a date on the Dolphins unveiling... does anyone know when the Jaguars unveiling will be?

Whenever sneaker_pimp feels like unveiling them.

Yes I used to like that show. But I'm pretty well certain that's along with the local following is why the franchise branding itself so heavily with the "Jags". Weaver used to hate the team being called the Jags in interviews or articles but Khan and company have embraced.

If you look at the shield and logo it's looks as if it could fit a fighter squadron. It's simply the image and identity the team is trying to mold with all the bases and military history around the first coast.

Everyone else around here has called them "Jags" since the inception so why change it now because of it being a British slang ?

I am pretty sure they can differate the lango if not then oh well tough :censored: they aren't gonna be fans anyways.

Perhaps there will be jerseys for sale in the states with the Patch and with the Union Jack in the U.K. And perhaps something else to set it apart.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Most of them, honestly. Generally speaking you seem to be a good guy, but whenever someone criticizes something the Jaguars do you seem to take it personally. Maybe you're gun shy because of the relocation rumours, or maybe you're just a bit to invested in your favourite team, but whatever it is you need to calm down just a little bit whenever they're up for discussion.

Jags isn't really that bad. I call them that all the time. Doesnt Cleveland have CAVS on one of their jerseys? Or the mavericks had MAVS, no?

And it becomes ok just because those teams do it? It's a terrible trend across the board, in my opinion.

Isn't Knicks just a shortened form of knickerbockers?

Two things. The Knicks use "NEW YORK" on the chests of both of their jerseys. Also it's an issue of space "Knickerbockers" is a long, cumbersome word. It would be difficult to make work on a jersey or logo. In a case like that, yes, an exception is ok.

Jags sounds better than Jaguars. Better than hearing people say JagWARS or JagWIRES. With Jags, everyone says it correctly.

At the end of the day it's not about pronouncing the name. Or even about an unwritten rule about teams not using shortened versions of their names on uniforms. It's about failing in a branding campaign. The team embarked on this massive international re-branding campaign and they can't use an integral part of their new identity in the one foreign market they're most interested in. Any way you look at that, it's a failure in forward thinking.

Most of them, honestly. Generally speaking you seem to be a good guy, but whenever someone criticizes something the Jaguars do you seem to take it personally. Maybe you're gun shy because of the relocation rumours, or maybe you're just a bit to invested in your favourite team, but whatever it is you need to calm down just a little bit whenever they're up for discussion.

Jags isn't really that bad. I call them that all the time. Doesnt Cleveland have CAVS on one of their jerseys? Or the mavericks had MAVS, no?

And it becomes ok just because those teams do it? It's a terrible trend across the board, in my opinion.

Isn't Knicks just a shortened form of knickerbockers?

Two things. The Knicks use "NEW YORK" on the chests of both of their jerseys. Also it's an issue of space "Knickerbockers" is a long, cumbersome word. It would be difficult to make work on a jersey or logo. In a case like that, yes, an exception is ok.

Jags sounds better than Jaguars. Better than hearing people say JagWARS or JagWIRES. With Jags, everyone says it correctly.

At the end of the day it's not about pronouncing the name. Or even about an unwritten rule about teams not using shortened versions of their names on uniforms. It's about failing in a branding campaign. The team embarked on this massive international re-branding campaign and they can't use an integral part of their new identity in the one foreign market they're most interested in. Any way you look at that, it's a failure in forward thinking.

Well no one seems to complain about those.

I think simply having "jags" makes it look a lot more bold and makes the logo stronger.

I agree though that it doesn't help whn you're trying to cater to UK crowds.

People complained about Cats, Mavs, Sens, Bolts, etc. look up the threads. You just don't hear it now because it's old news at this point. Nobody is picking on the jags' any more than any if those teams. In fact, a hell of a lot less.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Living in the outskirts of the Jacksonville market and making a trip to the city about once a month I'd like to point out that alot of people already called them the Jags before the shield was introduced so I have no problem with it or the Jags nickname. Case study: today at lunch with my GF ( who went to JU) a guy walked in with a Jacksonville hat on and she said "Hey look! He's got a Jags hat on!!!" If the locals and the fans use the name and appreciate it, I feel there is no reason the club should adopt it in an official manner such as the shield.

Doesn't make sense.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived