2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Be very cautious on how you react to this, but here's what just happened:

I had a coupon for NFLShop.com, and I wanted to use it to buy a Doug Martin jersey. They didn't have any in my size, so I called their customer service to ask when my size will be available. The operator said they wouldn't get any more jerseys for a while because the Bucs are getting a new logo. This perked me up immediately, so I started asking questions, especially when it would be unveiled and if the uniforms are changing too. She then corrected herself saying that it wasn't the Bucs, but the Jags and Dolphins who are getting new logos. I guess the question now is was she seriously mistaken, or was her correction just an effort to backtrack?

I know we've heard that they were considering a logo change, but then they decided against it. But then I remember reading another post in this thread within the past couple of days/weeks about them changing something. So I don't know what to believe at this point. Since there's no discount on the Bucs' page on NFLShop, I'm inclined to believe there's no pending change. But it's still interesting that she said that.

Wasn't it confirmed way back in this thread that the Bucs are making a "what changed?" change to their logo?

That turned out to be kind of a false alarm. It turned out that they delayed things because they were thinking about a new logo, but ultimately decided against it. But then someone made another comment recently about them changing and no one ever confirmed nor denied it again.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is ridiculously unprofessional, and I'd even say uncollegiate if that's even a word.

Yeah. I would say that font is Arena Leaguish if that is a term, but I'm not even sure the Arena League would put out a font that terrible. Plus, it's great that the Bucs use a unique but classic block font rather than coming up with some proprietary crap just because they could.

I would not mind a toned down version of that font but as it is I think it would look bush league.

I know a lot of folks on here hate stylized number fonts but I like them if not over the tope.

Wasn't it confirmed way back in this thread that the Bucs are making a "what changed?" change to their logo?

That turned out to be kind of a false alarm. It turned out that they delayed things because they were thinking about a new logo, but ultimately decided against it. But then someone made another comment recently about them changing and no one ever confirmed nor denied it again.

In that case, whoever you spoke to probably didn't receive the updated information. As a former employee of NFL Shop, I know how often they switch call centers, which certainly doesn't help with these things.

I had a coupon for NFLShop.com, and I wanted to use it to buy a Doug Martin jersey. They didn't have any in my size, so I called their customer service to ask when my size will be available. The operator said they wouldn't get any more jerseys for a while because the Bucs are getting a new logo. This perked me up immediately, so I started asking questions, especially when it would be unveiled and if the uniforms are changing too. She then corrected herself saying that it wasn't the Bucs, but the Jags and Dolphins who are getting new logos. I guess the question now is was she seriously mistaken, or was her correction just an effort to backtrack?

I know we've heard that they were considering a logo change, but then they decided against it. But then I remember reading another post in this thread within the past couple of days/weeks about them changing something. So I don't know what to believe at this point. Since there's no discount on the Bucs' page on NFLShop, I'm inclined to believe there's no pending change. But it's still interesting that she said that.

I'm assuming she was just mistaken. Might be easy for somebody to mix them up considering there are 3 Florida teams and 2 of them are changing logos.

She might've slipped if they're running into that problem a lot with the Jags and Dolphins fans calling.

Why were the Bucs even considering getting a new logo? Their current primary is one of the best in the NFL. If I had to guess I would say they were flirting with the idea of going back to the creamcicle look full time.

90758391980.gif

Why were the Bucs even considering getting a new logo? Their current primary is one of the best in the NFL. If I had to guess I would say they were flirting with the idea of going back to the creamcicle look full time.

Some people like to fix what's not broken...?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

She might've slipped if they're running into that problem a lot with the Jags and Dolphins fans calling.

Who buys Jags jerseys anyways?

Sorry, had to. :P

Y'all bettuh watch yo mouf. ;)

1UertHb.jpg

Ernest!!! Color me impressed at that addition.

The Bucs have a logo that needs changing, it's just not the primary. Their pirate ship is too cluttered to use as a sleeve logo. Much of the time it ust looks like a blob of something.

Actually, on my opinion the entire package could use a modest refresh. Note that I am NOT saying "rebrand" here (as way too many people around here toss that word around far too often without really understanding the context of what it actually means), but rather, something more akin to what the Vikings just did. Or even better, more along the lines of a Verlander-esque Cardinals update, if that's even possible.

I'd like the Totally Gothic scripts to stay, as that has definitely become Tampa's "thing". It, along with the rest of the package, just needs to be cleaned up and less "cluttered", for lack of a better term.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Whoa. Hey now. I like the current Bucs' set as much ast most people, but the jagged drawing of a skull and crossbones on a flag dangling from a sword is far from being one of the best logos in the NFL.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Whoa. Hey now. I like the current Bucs' set as much ast most people, but the jagged drawing of a skull and crossbones on a flag dangling from a sword is far from being one of the best logos in the NFL.

Close.

mqdefault.jpg

90758391980.gif

Heck, I think the Buccaneers have the best looking uniform in the NFL and should not be changed. I love the main logo and the only change I would like to see from them would be to modify the pirate ship logo.

spacer.png

Archived