2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

On 4/3/2013 at 3:47 PM, tajmccall said:

Saw this helmet (its a concept, obviously) but nice take on the matte vikings helmet. I don't remember seeing it in this thread. If so...here it is again!

Reminds me of the matte U of MN helmet...in that a black facemask is used for no particular reason. I actually really like this matte helmet, but I'd want a purple mask. However, here's how much I hate gray facemasks...I'd rather they go with the black.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate matte helmets. One of my big gripes is why can't they make the logo sticker matte too? A matte helmet with a big ole glossy logo just looks plain stupid.

I would say a glossy logo on a matte surface tends to stand out more. So I disagree with your hatred.

I hate matte helmets. One of my big gripes is why can't they make the logo sticker matte too? A matte helmet with a big ole glossy logo just looks plain stupid.

I would much rather have a matte finish than chrome.

spacer.png

I would say a glossy logo on a matte surface tends to stand out more. So I disagree with your hatred.

i like matte on gloss myself. very popular on cars since the 60s but not sure if i've seen it on a football helmet yet: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/attachments/f38/43821d1330092059-adding-stripes-sxt-imageuploadedbyautoguide1330092054.462848.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Saw this helmet (its a concept, obviously) but nice take on the matte vikings helmet. I don't remember seeing it in this thread. If so...here it is again!

viking_helm_biggunmock.jpg

That... really doesn't look bad at all. As much as I want to hate it because of the black facemask.

i like matte on gloss myself. very popular on cars since the 60s but not sure if i've seen it on a football helmet yet: http://www.challenge...2054.462848.jpg

That is one sexy car..

That... really doesn't look bad at all. As much as I want to hate it because of the black facemask.

I mostly like that the decal of the horn isn't broken up by the helmet holes. But yeah, the Black facemask should offend me (same with on the gophers) but it really doesn't.

I'd almost even be ok with...gasp...grey. I really think this is a sharp looking rendition. Hoping for Matte now.

Those horns are angled down way too far for my liking.

Like a dog that knows it just got in trouble or something.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, in a

I mostly like that the decal of the horn isn't broken up by the helmet holes. But yeah, the Black facemask should offend me (same with on the gophers) but it really doesn't.

The black doesn't look completely terrible here, but I think its because this is just a photoshop image. All cleaned up and unreal in the CGI way. In the real world, the black would stick out like a sore thumb. Much better with a purple mask... or (fingers crossed) gray.

That pale gold / wheat color sucks, tho.

Well, in a

The black doesn't look completely terrible here, but I think its because this is just a photoshop image. All cleaned up and unreal in the CGI way. In the real world, the black would stick out like a sore thumb. Much better with a purple mask... or (fingers crossed) gray.

That pale gold / wheat color sucks, tho.

Totally agree, There was a jersey posted with it, but it was pretty terrible IMO. Its on dailynorseman.com under the uniform thread if anyone is curious.

Why were the Bucs even considering getting a new logo? Their current primary is one of the best in the NFL. If I had to guess I would say they were flirting with the idea of going back to the creamcicle look full time.

Whoa. Hey now. I like the current Bucs' set as much ast most people, but the jagged drawing of a skull and crossbones on a flag dangling from a sword is far from being one of the best logos in the NFL.

I personally think its easily in the top 5, but thats just me. There are so many great and classic looks in the league that I can see how some people would place the Bucs lower in a 'Best of' ranking.

As Buc mentioned above, they could use a refresh; It has been a while since this look first came out. That being said, please lets not turn this into a rant about why that old 'Errol Flynn with a dull pocket knife in his mouth and impotent looking feather in his cap' logo is superior...I haven't had enough coffee this morning for that :)

Miami definitely embracing the white with their New Era cap. I like the white for them, it works.

483680_363301593778911_1842982354_n.jpg

Maybe it is just me or the angle of the hat but the sun seems thicker anyone else think so

Check the line thickness on that broncos hat below it. I wouldn't read much into it.

Archived