2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami definitely embracing the white with their New Era cap. I like the white for them, it works.

The best thing the about the new logos is they excel when they are embroidered.

1vikings-hat-20112.png

Should we or shoudn't we be asking ourselves why "black" is heavy utilized in the Vikings hat?

Nope. That's not even the current logo.

spacer.png

I knew once we started seeing the new Dolphins logo on gear, people would come around. I think it's a major upgrade. I'm a Steelers fan first, a Chiefs fan second, but I'm still thinking about buying that white Phins hat...so nice. Looks even better embroidered.

So, draft day is the official release date for the Vikings and Dolphin. Is it also for the Jags? Seems like its been a few weeks since there's been much Jaguar talk.

Nope. 23rd for the Jags. As a Jags fan I couldn't be happier. I get a look at em sooner and on draft day I can just relax and check out the Vikings and Dolphins in peace.

So, draft day is the official release date for the Vikings and Dolphin. Is it also for the Jags? Seems like its been a few weeks since there's been much Jaguar talk.

Nope. 23rd for the Jags. As a Jags fan I couldn't be happier. I get a look at em sooner and on draft day I can just relax and check out the Vikings and Dolphins in peace.

I have a funny feeling that the Jaguars set is gonna be the best of the three. The Vikings have the best shot to have the best look based on history as long as they avoid gray. The Dolphins are already last because of their happy, happy, happy flying dolphins sea word advertisement logo. So that leaves the Jags to take 1st place.

spacer.png

Why does everyone hate gray? I love these forums, but it seems NFL opinions are dominated by traditionalists. Personally, I feel the nicest uniforms in all of football are Oregon's black/grey/CF helmet and their yellow/grey/CF helmet combos...they gray makes the black and yellow so much more prominent and provides a great base for those colors to work off of. Everything is subjective, I'm just surprised those with such strong opinions here aren't more progressive thinking with their uniform tastes.

Why does everyone hate gray? I love these forums, but it seems NFL opinions are dominated by traditionalists. Personally, I feel the nicest uniforms in all of football are Oregon's black/grey/CF helmet and their yellow/grey/CF helmet combos...they gray makes the black and yellow so much more prominent and provides a great base for those colors to work off of. Everything is subjective, I'm just surprised those with such strong opinions here aren't more progressive thinking with their uniform tastes.

I don't think that the gray is the issue, I just think that gray doesn't work with the Vikings' color scheme. Purple and yellow look good enough together, they don't need gray to be added.

I don't think that the gray is the issue, I just think that gray doesn't work with the Vikings' color scheme. Purple and yellow look good enough together, they don't need gray to be added.

I've just seen a lot of hate for grey on the Jags' new unis and grey in general. As for the Vikings, grey & yellow are great together, and the grey facemask that they wore with their throwbacks was an upgrade. If they went to a simplistic New York Giants-style uniform with grey pants & mask with purple & yellow, I think it'd work really well.

I've just seen a lot of hate for grey on the Jags' new unis and grey in general. As for the Vikings, grey & yellow are great together, and the grey facemask that they wore with their throwbacks was an upgrade. If they went to a simplistic New York Giants-style uniform with grey pants & mask with purple & yellow, I think it'd work really well.

With both the Vikings and Jaguars, they have unique color schemes that don't need another color added. I don't think it would look awful if the Vikings added gray, I just think that it looks cleaner without gray. The Jaguars already have teal, black, and gold, so I don't think there is room for another color there without it getting too muddled.

Volt, I see that you are new here, so when I mention gray in my initial post I was mainly talking about the use of gray facemasks as I hate when teams do not have gray in their color scheme use a gray facemask. Example, Browns and 49ers. But as far as gray for the Vikings in the uniform, I would have to say negative on that. Purple is their color and it should always be.

spacer.png

Complaining about how people don't conform to your personal tastes won't endear you to anyone.

Complaining about how people don't conform to your personal tastes won't endear you to anyone.

IceCap - He kinda reminds me of me a few years ago when I was all about the modern looks, but then I came to my senses to realize that Nike screws over most uniforms because they never think about tradition and only push the limits to madness. Oregon is a perfect example.

spacer.png

I see no complaining or wanting people to conform to his personal tastes. Seemed like a harmless question to me. Lay off the guy, or at least try not to look at it so negatively.

Archived