2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I don't know, I saw that rumor somewhere (maybe even in this thread) that the Dolphins home uniforms were White with orange trim, their aways were white with navy or black trim (I think JT even has a picture of these) and that the alternates were the Aqua uniforms. They'll still have Aqua, I wasn't saying they were scrapping it.

It was in this thread. Somebody was spitballing and just said "what if they had two white uniforms". That was the end of it. You're making way more out of it.

Ok now I remember. Thing is, a Dolphins beat writer has gone on record saying there is a white uniform with orange trim. Well, JT has a picture (that was also posted on this board) of a white Dolphins uniform with navy or black trim. JT is convinced it is real, so my question is, what's going on with that?

im convinced the pic is real, but at the same time i think things changed.

TJo9OPT.jpg

this is a small version of one of 2 pics i seen. The rest of the pic shows the whole uniform minus pants . The other one is different, less orange.

Boy does that helmet look clunky.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting little tidbit from a sports anchor that was one of 10 people to see the uniform yesterday at Nike HQ. He said Khan (Jags owner) and a really big hand in the design and his style shows in the uni. I have no idea what that means but his stache is pretty cool. :D

He was also kind of hinting that the helmet isn't just a black shell. He said people would be talking about it. All of this is FWIW but I find little "hints" like this fun.

Did he happen to mention if he liked the overall look or whether he thought they were an improvement?

Why do I get the feeling it will be black on black jaguar print covering the helmet. Similar to the Metallica black album.

If we are going that tacky, I would think it might be a sublte glossy black/matte black camo pattern.

Interesting little tidbit from a sports anchor that was one of 10 people to see the uniform yesterday at Nike HQ. He said Khan (Jags owner) and a really big hand in the design and his style shows in the uni. I have no idea what that means but his stache is pretty cool. :D

He was also kind of hinting that the helmet isn't just a black shell. He said people would be talking about it. All of this is FWIW but I find little "hints" like this fun.

Did he happen to mention if he liked the overall look or whether he thought they were an improvement?

He said he loved it. Could be rah rah speak but he was meh on the logo change and wasn't shy about it.

Right now everybody is just assuming all white. No solid proof. Don't see an NFL team going all white all the time. How boring would it be to see all white every weekend for the next two years before they realize what an idiot move it was.

If people are assuming that, they're really off base. It would be against NFL rules.

He said he loved it. Could be rah rah speak but he was meh on the logo change and wasn't shy about it.

Awesome...good to hear someone from outside the organization say they liked it.

He said it wasn't as "Oregon like" as he thought it would be.

I actually think that is disappointing but I prepared myself for this when I heard the numbering had to be in sharp contrast to the uniform color. I wish the NFL would loosen up with the uniform rules.

I actually think that is disappointing but I prepared myself for this when I heard the numbering had to be in sharp contrast to the uniform color. I wish the NFL would loosen up with the uniform rules.

I hope the NFL does not loosen up the rules because every NFL team will have at least 3 different helmets & every team will have gray alternates just like a lot of Nikes colleges do.

I hope the NFL does not loosen up the rules because every NFL team will have at least 3 different helmets & every team will have gray alternates just like a lot of Nikes colleges do.

I'm having a hard time finding anything bad in what you're saying here...

Archived