2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

All I want to see the Browns do is get a real primary logo. Keep it off the helmet of course but anywhere else should have their mark on it. I'm looking at you wordmark sideline hat.

I agree with this. They should have a logo other than the helmet, and before anyone suggests it, the <=B=> is terrible. But having a real primary logo doesn't mean they need to mess up 50 something years of history and put it on the helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No love for the B football logo? I thought it was simple and classy enough to still look like Browns football but fit the look of a modern day logo.

I thought the B logo would have looked good until I realized that is the primary logo they put on woman's attire.

324px-cleveland_browns_b_logo-svg.png

spacer.png

No love for the B football logo? I thought it was simple and classy enough to still look like Browns football but fit the look of a modern day logo.

I thought the B logo would have looked good until I realized that is the primary logo they put on woman's attire.

The horror! I'm willing to bet if you wore any apparrel with that logo that your estrogen levels would quadruple.

That has what to do with the logo's quality, exactly?

Exactly. It's a fine logo. I do think the stripe should extend to the ends of the football but I digress. The fact that it was put on women's apparel doesn't really mean much. I hate seeing a pink star on Cowboys gear for the ladies but what can you do?

Women have cooties?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I see nothing good or inspiring about the <=B=>. First off, it's sloppy. If the stripes aren't going to reach the edge of the football, they should at least be spaced the same from the edges as from the letter. The stripes aren't even spaced equally from the B on both sides - there is more white space on the right of the B. Also, if the stripes won't touch the edges, the spots where they truncate should round slightly to follow the shape of the ball. Most importantly, as mentioned, it should be a C to represent Cleveland. Honestly, that logo looks like a generic logo Old Navy would come up with to slap on a rugby shirt because its vague sports-y.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Interesting bit in this FastCompany article on Nike's redesign of the NFL:

"Nike is now working with more franchises that are considering changes, including the Cleveland Browns, one of the league's oldest teams--and, with those unadorned orange helmets, also one of its most visually staid."

http://www.fastcompany.com/3014815/inside-nikes-redesign-of-nfl-uniforms

Good to hear.... the Browns should be first in line for a new look. They need orange pants and sleeve stripes that actually fit on a modern template.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived