2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, I was just about to post my opinion on snapbacks. :P

The thing that drives me nuts about the Seahawks jerseys is the colors. Their previous blue was way better, and the switch to standard Navy makes the Neon Green go from a nice accent color to a distracting element that stands out a bit too much. The texturing on the numbers is unnecessary as well.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The thing that drives me nuts about the Seahawks jerseys is the colors. Their previous blue was way better, and the switch to standard Navy makes the Neon Green go from a nice accent color to a distracting element that stands out a bit too much. The texturing on the numbers is unnecessary as well.

I did a rough mock-up of what the unis would look like with their old blue

qlVgwYv.jpg

So from the looks of things, the NFL 59Fifty sideline caps are pretty much all the same as last year. I for one really like that. I understand why Reebok switched them up every year, but there's no need to go crazy and change elements of the 59Fifty every year.

I love them. I want a Titans one, but I live in Denver so my only option is online. However, I'm not gonna try that because the sizing is horrendously inconsistent. I'm not getting one unless I can try it on myself. I've had a 7 3/8 that was noticably larger than a 7 5/8, and a 7 1/2 that was smaller than a 7 1/4. There's no consistency and it's maddening.

I've always never really worn fitteds due to my hair growing out, beacuse then hats can become unwearable. I recently got a Brewers BP hat, and it fits perfect as of today, but the official game hat doesn't fit me as good as the previous hat despite being the same 7 1/8 size. I only bought the hats to own official on-field merchandise and not some half assed adjustable hat.

I'm not saying Snapbacks are better but like...

Snapbacks are better. :ghostface:

There is NOTHING about a snapback that's better than a fitted. They're absolute garbage hats that are poorly constructed and cheaply made, yet their price point is still comparable to a fitted.
I think they look better on my head especially when backwards then fitteds.
Snapbacks don't look better than fitteds on anyone when worn backwards. Trust me. No one's walking past you on the street thinking "Wow, that's a sweet look!!"

Well I'm not necessarily talking about new eras.

I actually prefer really cheap snapbacks with low crowns. I got a few for a dollar a piece and they fit me really nicely. I have a narrow front head so new eras tend to look funny on me.

But 5950s backwards make me look like Samuel l Jackson, or at least that's how I feel.

I did a rough mock-up of what the unis would look like with their old blue

qlVgwYv.jpg

No, if anything they need to just tone down the green a little bit. I swear it looks yellow in some lighting. Thats too damn bright for any shade of green.

The old blue sucked. It just looked really flat, and reminded me of denim whenever I saw it.

I photoshopped the helmets to see how they'd look if they were all black. Even in matte form, which is a scourge on helmet design, it looks so much better and more professional.

okayjags_zps44622384.png

terriblejags_zps8c6f4e8c.png

I swear the bottom one looks more like a Photoshop to me. Part of me still can't believe these helmets are real.

^ best monochrome look in the NFL

Which is somewhat like "best-smelling rotten fish".

;)

Couldn't agree more. In fact I was trying to think of a similar statement. My comparisons kept coming back to what comes out dogs' rear ends.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I photoshopped the helmets to see how they'd look if they were all black. Even in matte form, which is a scourge on helmet design, it looks so much better and more professional.

I swear the bottom one looks more like a Photoshop to me. Part of me still can't believe these helmets are real.

Same here. I can't believe anyone would ever design it, I can't believe the franchise would choose it, I can't believe the league would ever approve it, and I can't believe any fan would ever like it. But hey, it's providing employment to the middle school kid who spray paints them, so I guess it's not all bad.

;)

Couldn't agree more. In fact I was trying to think of a similar statement. My comparisons kept coming back to what comes out dogs' rear ends.

My standard version of that is "skinniest kid at fat camp."

Not only does monochrome generally suck, but the Seahawks have especially bad one. Plus they get extra blame for being the NFL pioneers of this garbage.

;)

Not only does monochrome generally suck, but the Seahawks have especially bad one. Plus they get extra blame for being the NFL pioneers of this garbage.

Not true the packers were monochrome in the 60s

;)

Not true the packers were monochrome in the 60s

Way to miss the point. First of all, not once did the Packers wear monochrome in the 60's.

Second of all, he means that the Seahawks were the first team to use a monochrome color look for their primary home look since the wild days of early NFL before the traditional football aesthetic was established.

Prior to the Seahawks changing in 2002 there were only a few teams that ever wore a monochrome color uniform before them, but they were the ones to make it an option as an every game uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

okayjags_zps44622384.png

terriblejags_zps8c6f4e8c.png

The all-black helmet makes the gold logo pop so much more. From the waist up, they actually look good.

Archived