2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Not sure what the right phrase is here...maybe the best of a bad look? In any case, even as an outspoken critic of Seattle's unis I have to admit they didn't look that bad on Sunday.

Get some green on those pants and you have a winner.

They could have a consistent pant stripe/pattern with the green, plus i think they should change the sleeve insert on the white and grey jerseys to match the blues....

As a Seahawks fan I am partial to the new look and from time to find a new favorite combo and agree the navy jersey with grey pants is great in my book. I love the updates you've posted, I think my biggest problem with the current set is the lack of green on the white and grey jerseys, other than the outline to the numbers. Making the shoulder triangle green makes this look much more cohesive and the pants stripes are awesome. I'd love to see the white jersey and pants too. Job well done.

Here's the same mockup on an actual pic. Also for got to mention that I added green to the neck pattern to match the pants stripe....

SeattleGreyTweaks-Pic.png

Gigantic improvement.

Now explain to me why we (people on this website) can up with better looking concepts or adjustments in uniform concepts than those professional agencies, working with mutimillion $ computer design programs etc. and making thousand of $s. I mean simple tweaks that everyone agrees with should have been done in the first place.......Come on Man....................................

Because we (people on this website) don't have to answer to the client. If you've ever had an actual design job, you know that just about every time the client is going to insist that you implement a bad idea or remove a good idea.

This.

To be fair, we can all be pretty confident in saying that Nike in this case pushed such 'bad ideas' onto the client, not the other way around.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain ESPN's attendance figures to me? According to them, only 4 out of the 16 games this past weekend sold out... if so, how did we all watch them? The Bills game was definitely not blacked out for me, but ESPN says it was not sold out?

Before the start of the season, each team is allowed to set a threshhold of ticket sales that must be met in order for the blackout to be lifted. The threshhold is any point between 85% and 100% of non-suite/premium/luxury seats. That number can't be changed once it is selected. If a team does not meet this level 72 hours prior to kickoff, the game is blacked out.

HOWEVER, the team also has the option of paying 34 cents on the dollar to buy up enough tickets to reach their threshhold level and avoid a blackout. Why? Because the visiting team receives 34% of the gate. Essentially, the home team (or a local sponsor, such as the local network affiliate) is paying the minimum that the visiting team would receive in ticket revenue for the ability to broadcast the game locally.

So, any talk of 'we've sold out x number of games' needs to be looked at critically, because that may really mean 'our owner has paid to have us on local TV'.

But... only 4 of 16 games sold out on opening weekend?

{Pointless political image}

I'm not the biggest fan of Obama, but don't be a tool.

Not sure what the right phrase is here...maybe the best of a bad look? In any case, even as an outspoken critic of Seattle's unis I have to admit they didn't look that bad on Sunday.

Get some green on those pants and you have a winner.
They could have a consistent pant stripe/pattern with the green, plus i think they should change the sleeve insert on the white and grey jerseys to match the blues....
As a Seahawks fan I am partial to the new look and from time to find a new favorite combo and agree the navy jersey with grey pants is great in my book. I love the updates you've posted, I think my biggest problem with the current set is the lack of green on the white and grey jerseys, other than the outline to the numbers. Making the shoulder triangle green makes this look much more cohesive and the pants stripes are awesome. I'd love to see the white jersey and pants too. Job well done.
Here's the same mockup on an actual pic. Also for got to mention that I added green to the neck pattern to match the pants stripe.... SeattleGreyTweaks-Pic.png
Gigantic improvement.
Now explain to me why we (people on this website) can up with better looking concepts or adjustments in uniform concepts than those professional agencies, working with mutimillion $ computer design programs etc. and making thousand of $s. I mean simple tweaks that everyone agrees with should have been done in the first place.......Come on Man....................................
Because we (people on this website) don't have to answer to the client. If you've ever had an actual design job, you know that just about every time the client is going to insist that you implement a bad idea or remove a good idea.
This.
To be fair, we can all be pretty confident in saying that Nike in this case pushed such 'bad ideas' onto the client, not the other way around.

Wholeheartedly disagree.

Wholeheartedly disagree.

Well, it's certainly impossible to look at a final design and say with any certainty which elements were brought in by the client and which were brought in by the designer... all you can say is that the client had final veto. But that veto is probably difficult to use when the hard push is on from a design firm with the current high profile that Nike has.

I will say that I think it's pretty obvious that this trend of small sublimated patterns that are finding their way onto new uniforms is clearly being pushed from designers. It's plainly a new technology that designers are (way too) overly excited to play with. No one can honestly believe all these teams suddenly had this idea to cram barely visible patterns onto their stripes and numbers, and then pushed Nike to find a way to do it.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, so I'm posting it in multiple spots. What's the deal with this jersey?

IMAG0763_zps99ef4fec.jpg

I found it at the Marshall's in the Nicollet Mall. They only had then in children's sizes, but it clearly is the new uniform, but produced not as a Nike jersey, but as a Reebok EQT.

There isn't any Reebok branding, but the equipment logo is at the collar, and on the hem. They had Ponder and Jennings for $35.

Any ideas?

Anyone notice that in the new madden commercial with wilson and kapernick, the game footage has the seahawks in new helmet and road jersey but the old lighter blue pants. You can see it when Wilson is diving in the end zone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZHysr18U374#t=43

Ya thats probably just a mix and match uniform, how in madden you can change different parts of the uniform for games

I'm not sure if this belongs here, so I'm posting it in multiple spots. What's the deal with this jersey?

IMAG0763_zps99ef4fec.jpg

I found it at the Marshall's in the Nicollet Mall. They only had then in children's sizes, but it clearly is the new uniform, but produced not as a Nike jersey, but as a Reebok EQT.

There isn't any Reebok branding, but the equipment logo is at the collar, and on the hem. They had Ponder and Jennings for $35.

Any ideas?

Interesting. Between the reebok and Nike deals nfl released some none branded jerseys. Don't know why they'd do it now though.

Also a few years back at a Marshall's (and similar instances have happened but this one stood out the most) they had a texans bills hybrid. Very ugly.

Announced attendance figures are always people at the game, not tickets sold.

Since when? That's new.

It's worth noting that the Chargers likely bought up 3,500 tickets at 34 cents on the dollar to get that blackout lifted.

Why do you care if someone shows up as long as you get your money? Why announce a less impressive number than tickets sold?

The only time I can think of hearing "actually there" numbers is during some time of natural disaster where the crowd in attendance is wildly different than the tickets sold.

Why do you care if someone shows up as long as you get your money? Why announce a less impressive number than tickets sold?

Exactly. That's why the major pro sports switched to "tickets distributed" a very long time ago.

And that's "distributed", not "sold" - if a struggling team gives away a bunch to charity, they all count towards the team attendance.

The notion that the NFL has switched back is an odd one, which is why I asked for clarification.

Exactly. That's why the major pro sports switched to "tickets distributed" a very long time ago.

And that's "distributed", not "sold" - if a struggling team gives away a bunch to charity, they all count towards the team attendance.

The notion that the NFL has switched back is an odd one, which is why I asked for clarification.

So what would be the total calculation for a team? Real attendance + tickets given away + tickets sold to brokers + tickets repurchased (or undistributed)?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My guess would be that "attendance" means tickets not available for sale from the team box office, whether it's a traditional ticket buyer, charity giveaway, ticket reseller, etc. I don't think it really matters to the team.

It doesn't. They don't care about turnstile clicks, either.

Tickets sold to fans + tickets included in season packages + tickets given away + tickets set aside for staff + tickets otherwise represented + tickets "purchased" by the team itself for .34/dollar = Today's attendance.

They don't have to count butts in seats.

Announced attendance figures are always people at the game, not tickets sold.

Since when? That's new.

It's worth noting that the Chargers likely bought up 3,500 tickets at 34 cents on the dollar to get that blackout lifted.

No, it's not new. Announced attendance has always been people in the seats for as long as I can remember. Case in point- the Bills sold out the first game, yet attendance was reported at 95% capacity.

IMAG0763_zps99ef4fec.jpg

Any ideas?

Interesting. Between the reebok and Nike deals nfl released some none branded jerseys. Don't know why they'd do it now though.

Also a few years back at a Marshall's (and similar instances have happened but this one stood out the most) they had a texans bills hybrid. Very ugly.

Yeah, I think it's one of the NFL Proline jerseys that they make for some of the not so popular players. Such as:

http://www.nflshop.com/Martellus_Bennett_Chicago_Bears_Jerseys/Pro_Line_Mens_Chicago_Bears_Martellus_Bennett_Team_Color_Jersey

But why it has the equipment patch and why its of a popular player...I have no idea...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived