2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I would personally love to see a throwback of this Jets set.

tumblr_lvcue3jhi91qin7uco1_500.jpg

Those were some of the blandest, most boring uniforms ever.

The uniforms are not the greatest, but I love that helmet and anything is better than seeing their current jersey in 3 shades of green (cough..cough Sweat Stains).

If the Jets introduce throwbacks, they'll have the same sweat-panel problem.

Not if they choose to use the old design from Reebok like the Packers did. I don't see the different shades of green on their Nike uniform

301907-aaron-rodgers.jpg

Why would the Jets insist on a custom configuration (like the Packers did) for their throwbacks when they didn't for their primary uniforms?

Nice point! Hopefully all the teams in the NFL will request this change next season.

spacer.png

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully people will stop making ridiculous claims that anyone who disagrees with them about uniform aesthetics, politics, and any other area is "not in the 21st century" and needs to join the ubiquitous "us", which seemingly consists of every living person who is not the disagreeing party.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Hopefully people will stop making ridiculous claims that anyone who disagrees with them about uniform aesthetics, politics, and any other area is "not in the 21st century" and needs to join the ubiquitous "us", which seemingly consists of every living person who is not the disagreeing party.

Well done.

Maybe people will start coming around to this understanding like I have done. I know when I first joined this forum I was all about modern and if you did not agree with me then you were old fogies. But after seeing how bad modern uniforms have become (ex. Oregon & Maryland) and just reading people asking me to quit stop bashing Oregon I now truly understand how I once was and now how to not be that person anymore.

The bottom line is we are all gonna have different opinions and although we may disagree, there is a way to debate about topics instead of saying "we need to enter the modern world." However, if you feel like you are going to get people to switch their opinion, then I would suggest that you do not hold your breathe because you will be dead soon.

spacer.png

The uniforms are not the greatest, but I love that helmet and anything is better than seeing their current jersey in 3 shades of green (cough..cough Sweat Stains).

The amazing thing about the 70s/80s/90s Jets logo is that even though it is approaching 40 years old now, it still looks sleek and modern.

The helmet logo came out in 1978. So you mean it's 34 years old.

Edit: Removed at poster's request.

Let's see...there are the Jaguars for sure and possibly the Dolphins. I don't know how long we'd wait to see the Browns make their apparently subtle changes, but they could be one. I wonder who that 4th team would be, if this is in fact true.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

boomer-esiason-with-jets.jpg

I think the 90's addition of black trim/facemasks was actually one of the rare times black was added and worked well. Adding the green stripes to the socks helped break up the all-white pants too.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I think the 90's addition of black trim/facemasks was actually one of the rare times black was added and worked well. Adding the green stripes to the socks helped break up the all-white pants too.

I miss those 1990's Jets uniforms with black trim. The helmet is great too. At first I loved the throwback but the green or greens are way too dark. Because of the dark greens the uniform has become bland and boring. Somebody please wear kelly green again, for the love of God!

I miss those 1990's Jets uniforms with black trim. The helmet is great too. At first I loved the throwback but the green or greens are way too dark. Because of the dark greens the uniform has become bland and boring. Somebody please wear kelly green again, for the love of God!

I liked the black outlines but thought the mask should stay white, so it ties into the pants and #s.

My guess the four teams to change/update;

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

2-4 have relatively new uniforms so they don't need to change.

I would suggest:

Jaguars

Broncos

Panthers

Dolphins

I posted the wrong picture initially because the Boomer uniform is awesome.

spacer.png

No way the new Browns owners got a re-design in before the deadline.

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

One thing does not preclude the other.

You are correct that these teams all have relatively new uniforms; and he is also correct that they need a change.

No way the new Browns owners got a re-design in before the deadline.

1. Jags

2. Bengals

3. Falcons

4. Vikings

One thing does not preclude the other.

You are correct that these teams all have relatively new uniforms; and he is also correct that they need a change.

His opinion and your may think they need a change, but thankfully that is just your opinions. I will agree that the Bengals need to make a change, but I would suggest removal of the white side panel and leave the rest of the uniform alone.

spacer.png

Archived